Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will coach Perry Central in 2014?

Featured Replies

Since Justin Haddix left for Corbin, who fills the job?

Three times a charm for Bert Browne?

Three times a charm for Bert Browne?

 

My money is on Brett Browne. Isn't his wife from hazard?

My money is on Brett Browne. Isn't his wife from hazard?

 

Yes, his wife is from Hazard. However, If I am PCC I wouldnt hire him back for the third time! He has bailed out on those kids twice, why do it again? It's not like he was winning 9 or 10 games a year and making deep runs in the postseason. What I have been hearing is Champman from Pike Co Central may be the front-runner, that could be just hear say but from a pretty good source.

Yes, his wife is from Hazard. However, If I am PCC I wouldnt hire him back for the third time! He has bailed out on those kids twice, why do it again? It's not like he was winning 9 or 10 games a year and making deep runs in the postseason. What I have been hearing is Champman from Pike Co Central may be the front-runner, that could be just hear say but from a pretty good source.

 

Chapman would be a good fit at PCC on multiple levels.

 

 

His offense would require little to no overhaul from what is already currently in place from the Middle School up. He loves dual threat QB's and slinging the ball out of the spread.

 

He is familiar with the area and has a good name from his Breathitt days.

 

He is adept at winning in spite of smaller roster sizes. At PCC you will always have a challenge with athletes choosing basketball and general draw.

 

He is good at drawing talent into his program. Some of his transfers have created some trouble, but there is no doubt players and parents want their kid to play for him to get expose on offense.

 

 

 

 

There are also other variables that would match them up:

 

Chapman was hired by the Pike County Superintendent (who always had an axe to grind) to beat Belfry. It has not happened. Belfry is Chapman's Moby Dick and he simply can't overcome himself to beat them or advance beyond them. Belfry brings out the worst in Chapman and speaking candidly I think Belfry has single handily gotten in his head so bad he has stopped his maturation as a coach because he is more focused on Belfry than post season advancement. A change of scenery would probably do him well where he doesnt have to ever play Belfry again.

 

Chapman is not a people person and PCC is a bit of a program where a coach could hide. You can sustain success there and pick your spots for a long run..but pCC rarely gets the football headlines that some other jobs bring in EKY.

A nice little rumor floating around that current LCC coach Mike Halcomb could be coming along with John Paul Chapman, reuniting in Perry Co. If true this puts a huge smile on this Perry Co fan.

A nice little rumor floating around that current LCC coach Mike Halcomb could be coming along with John Paul Chapman, reuniting in Perry Co. If true this puts a huge smile on this Perry Co fan.
Would be a huge surprise....Holcomb and Chapman don't even communicate with each other....

I heard that Holcomb has accepted it and will be announced tomorrow. Not sure how true it is but that was the word I was told..

I am very eagar to see who ends up with this job?

I heard that Holcomb has accepted it and will be announced tomorrow. Not sure how true it is but that was the word I was told..

 

I hope you're right. I would like to see Holcomb in some red and black for once.

A nice little rumor floating around that current LCC coach Mike Halcomb could be coming along with John Paul Chapman, reuniting in Perry Co. If true this puts a huge smile on this Perry Co fan.

 

From what I've been told, a accouncement expected tommorrow. Good news for Perry Countians!

  • Author

Im sure its either of the two mentioned if not both. Not sure of obbsesion of Chapman, didnt he get caught cheating at Pike

Im sure its either of the two mentioned if not both. Not sure of obbsesion of Chapman, didnt he get caught cheating at Pike

 

I believe he did...caught I think is the appropriate word for EKY football :)

Im sure its either of the two mentioned if not both. Not sure of obbsesion of Chapman, didnt he get caught cheating at Pike

 

He also is carrying a suspension with him for a game or two for the ejection against Breathitt County, if I'm not mistaken.

 

FIRST POST!

He also is carrying a suspension with him for a game or two for the ejection against Breathitt County, if I'm not mistaken.

 

FIRST POST!

 

He is!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.