Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County opening

Featured Replies

So we have it established that Hinson is not going to Bracken. Maybe we can move the discussion to who may be the next coach.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the most important thing is finding the right man for the job. If it takes till June then it takes till June. Would you rather have a better coach get hired late or a coach that is not ready for the job get hired next week? In regards to Hinson, and I know nothing about it, if there was not a desirable teaching position then of course he would decline. He would have to be in the classroom much longer then on the basketball court. If the school does not have a opening for him, then of course they would drag it out till the end of school. I think the deadline for pink slips is Wednesday.

I would say the most important thing is finding the right man for the job. If it takes till June then it takes till June. Would you rather have a better coach get hired late or a coach that is not ready for the job get hired next week? In regards to Hinson, and I know nothing about it, if there was not a desirable teaching position then of course he would decline. He would have to be in the classroom much longer then on the basketball court. If the school does not have a opening for him, then of course they would drag it out till the end of school. I think the deadline for pink slips is Wednesday.

 

Does Hinson have a teaching certificate?

Does Hinson have a teaching certificate?

 

I believe the answer is no. That was the biggest hang up from what I heard. They was gonna have to create something for him.

I believe the answer is no. That was the biggest hang up from what I heard. They was gonna have to create something for him.

 

This makes all the difference in the world

Aulick and the school board is to blame for Hinson not getting the job.

 

In what way?

  • Author
So we have it established that Hinson is not going to Bracken. Maybe we can move the discussion to who may be the next coach.

 

Board meeting tonight. It could all be over soon. There's a potential Math position opening at the HS, which one of the candidates is certified.

Board meeting tonight. It could all be over soon. There's a potential Math position opening at the HS, which one of the candidates is certified.

 

Would this be a good hire for the program?

Maybe Ryan Hamm from Mason County is still in the running.

Who are the top candidates from the interviews?

Someone told me that the requirements for this job were that you had to have varsity experience. Any truth to it?

Someone told me that the requirements for this job were that you had to have varsity experience. Any truth to it?

 

Or the ability to win every game while playing everyone's daughter equal minutes and ensuring that everyone has fun and is never unhappy.

Or the ability to win every game while playing everyone's daughter equal minutes and ensuring that everyone has fun and is never unhappy.

 

:laugh: I can't believe I put daughter. I meant son. Its been a long day.

Word from the hill is that that Hinson was offered the position, just the coaching position. There was no other position to be able to offer him and the district was not going to "create" a job for him. This seems prudent.

 

Ryan Hamm still seems to have his name out there, but according to sources he has also indicated that he has put in for some graduate assistant positions at the next level and might take one of those over a head varsity position.

 

It does not appear that there are happy campers in Brooksville right now….no other names being mentioned at the moment.

Not knowing the inside scoop, I tend to agree with the Board's philosophy of not creating a special position just to attract a certain basketball coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.