Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dakari Johnson is coming back!

Featured Replies

@KYSportsRadio: Dakari Johnson will RETURN to KENTUCKY

 

@Beisner_cn2: BREAKING: Dakari Johnson has decided to return to Kentucky for a sophomore season.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Great decision for his future earnings. I know he may need the money, but he will be making infinitely more next year if he improves like he should.

  • Author

Dakari: "Returning to school allows me another opportunity to accomplish one of my individual goals: winning a NCAA Champsioship"

Darkari's full statement from the university....

 

“This year has been for me a year of transition, growth and so much fun! I’ve learned a lot about myself personally through adversity and triumph which I know made me a stronger individual. I would like to thank my brothers (teammates) for pulling together and stepping up and taking the road that many don’t travel. What memories! I would like to thank Coach Cal and the staff for trusting and providing me the opportunity to grow and build on my skills. I’d like to wish Julius Randle and James Young all the best and personally let them know that they have a group of brothers who will always support them. With that being said, I’m excited about having the option to either enter the 2014 NBA Draft or return to the University of Kentucky. After looking at the information provided to me by Coach Cal and the NBA committee, my family and I made the decision for me to return to UK for my sophomore year. Returning to school allows me to build on my leadership skills, improve my individual basketball strength and conditioning skills, and have another opportunity to accomplish one of my individual goals: winning an NCAA national championship in college. In addition, it will give me the opportunity to continue my studies because the ball will stop bouncing one day (shout out to Mike Stone). Big Blue Nation, I can’t thank you enough for your support, and I look forward to representing UK next year.” #StriveforNine

Boom!

 

I have a woody.

Can I point out with the exception of WCS and this will include the twins that guys are coming back because of info from the NBA. Let the blasting begin.

Probably the best decision. Glad to see him back.

Can I point out with the exception of WCS and this will include the twins that guys are coming back because of info from the NBA. Let the blasting begin.

 

Blasting from who, and for what reason?

Is this one of the most talented front courts in college basketball history with the depth and size they have?

Believe this is the best decision for him. All I can want for the UK players.

  • Author

Coach Cal:

 

"I’m happy to have @dslowmotion22 back with us for next season. Despite being the youngest player on the team this year, he continued to improve every day on the court and it showed. We look forward to seeing his improvement over the summer and throughout next year."

  • Author
Is this one of the most talented front courts in college basketball history with the depth and size they have?

 

Dakari Johnson

Willie Cauley-Stein

Marcus Lee

Karl Town

Trey Lyles

 

Geez. And that doesn't include Alex Poythress.

Is this one of the most talented front courts in college basketball history with the depth and size they have?

 

In UK history Bowie, Turpin, Walker and Bennett was pretty darn good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.