Fargo (TV series on FX)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it ever showed the whole house. Maybe a back door to get in and a separate basement door to get out?

That's what I was thinking is there were just doors they didn't show. Billy Bob was absolutely awesome in that episode. Really hope that he isn't only in half the season like someone suggested, not sure how that would play out. But, I liked the first episode a lot, I'll continue to watch.

That's what I was thinking is there were just doors they didn't show. Billy Bob was absolutely awesome in that episode. Really hope that he isn't only in half the season like someone suggested, not sure how that would play out. But, I liked the first episode a lot, I'll continue to watch.

IMDB only has him listed as being in 5 episodes. It might not be the first half of the season, he might just not be in every episode.

Anyone else get the feeling that Billy Bob's character might not have just been trying to help Lester out by doing in his bully? With all the shady characters at the trucking company and the rumor that he helped gun runners move their product I wonder if Billy Bob works for the competition and decided to take the opportunity to take out some of the competition while pinning it on someone else?

IMDB only has him listed as being in 5 episodes. It might not be the first half of the season, he might just not be in every episode.

Anyone else get the feeling that Billy Bob's character might not have just been trying to help Lester out by doing in his bully? With all the shady characters at the trucking company and the rumor that he helped gun runners move their product I wonder if Billy Bob works for the competition and decided to take the opportunity to take out some of the competition while pinning it on someone else?

I never check IMDB for things like that because I don't want to know who is in the episodes before it happens. With that said, are they always accurate when it comes to that? I truly don't know. Also, I thought Billy Bob was going to be a main character type for this show that's why I am surprised. He was great in that first episode.

I never check IMDB for things like that because I don't want to know who is in the episodes before it happens. With that said, are they always accurate when it comes to that? I truly don't know. Also, I thought Billy Bob was going to be a main character type for this show that's why I am surprised. He was great in that first episode.

I think he's still going to be a main character. There are only 10 episodes listed so he's showing in half of them. In some shows that have a full 22 episode run they aren't always accurate until halfway through the season because they're still filming when the season begins. However, in series that have a short run like this one they're usually spot on because the whole season is generally filmed before the first episode airs. The first episode introduced several characters so I'd say not many of them will appear in all 10 episodes. I don't like to see spoilers but I was trying to figure out where I'd seen a few of the actors and noticed the number of episodes each were listed in.

I think he's still going to be a main character. There are only 10 episodes listed so he's showing in half of them. In some shows that have a full 22 episode run they aren't always accurate until halfway through the season because they're still filming when the season begins. However, in series that have a short run like this one they're usually spot on because the whole season is generally filmed before the first episode airs. The first episode introduced several characters so I'd say not many of them will appear in all 10 episodes. I don't like to see spoilers but I was trying to figure out where I'd seen a few of the actors and noticed the number of episodes each were listed in.[/QUOTE]

Got ya on that end, that makes sense. I was wondering why you did that but I have to admit I saw some of the actors and thought they looked familiar and almost did the same thing. A couple times I've gone to look up characters in shows and google all of a sudden showed something that I didn't know happened yet :irked: so I've tried to avoid that at all costs.

On a related note to the thread, how the heck is Lester going to get out of the situation he finds himself in?

I think he's still going to be a main character. There are only 10 episodes listed so he's showing in half of them. In some shows that have a full 22 episode run they aren't always accurate until halfway through the season because they're still filming when the season begins. However, in series that have a short run like this one they're usually spot on because the whole season is generally filmed before the first episode airs. The first episode introduced several characters so I'd say not many of them will appear in all 10 episodes. I don't like to see spoilers but I was trying to figure out where I'd seen a few of the actors and noticed the number of episodes each were listed in.[/QUOTE]

Got ya on that end, that makes sense. I was wondering why you did that but I have to admit I saw some of the actors and thought they looked familiar and almost did the same thing. A couple times I've gone to look up characters in shows and google all of a sudden showed something that I didn't know happened yet :irked: so I've tried to avoid that at all costs.

On a related note to the thread, how the heck is Lester going to get out of the situation he finds himself in?

It is even more of a spoiler when a show is in its first season. Once it gets beyond that it is hard to remember if every character has appeared in all the episodes up to that point.

With Lester I think he's looking pretty good given that he wasn't cuffed or guarded at the hospital. He's got the buckshot in his hand so he can probably go with a story that someone broke in and opened fire on the chief. He was grazed in the crossfire and injured when he and his wife fled the intruder who killed his wife and left him for dead. I doubt they had anyone check liver temps and there was just a few minutes difference in times of death of the chief and his wife anyway. Since the chief didn't really think Lester was a killer when he went over there I'd say initially he'll be okay. But I'm sure that hijinks will ensue that make it a mess.

It is even more of a spoiler when a show is in its first season. Once it gets beyond that it is hard to remember if every character has appeared in all the episodes up to that point.

With Lester I think he's looking pretty good given that he wasn't cuffed or guarded at the hospital. He's got the buckshot in his hand so he can probably go with a story that someone broke in and opened fire on the chief. He was grazed in the crossfire and injured when he and his wife fled the intruder who killed his wife and left him for dead. I doubt they had anyone check liver temps and there was just a few minutes difference in times of death of the chief and his wife anyway. Since the chief didn't really think Lester was a killer when he went over there I'd say initially he'll be okay. But I'm sure that hijinks will ensue that make it a mess.

I finally got to watch the second episode last night. You were definitely right about the bolded part. With that said, that police(wo)man is all over Lester and definitely knows there is a lot more going on than bad luck Lester losing his wife. Will be interesting to see what happens move forward. Billy Bob's character was great again, I'm pretty sure I crack up every time he is in a scene at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...