10 Players and 3 Assistant Coaches Leave Pulaski County's Program

Lawnboy, So is this advice from a parent, coach, fan or a wanna be journalist?? Goodness you cant even support your own team when it struggles.

I support them 100%, however, when they play bad they are going to hear it, and not from only me.

My advice comes as a parent and coach, a journalist I am not.

Did you play sports in HS? My HS coach had no problem letting us know if we played like :poop:. I didn't go home and cry to mommy and daddy and tell them that the big mean coach said something negative about us. You have no idea of the support are girls are given, however, when warranted some criticism is given and they need to get used to it sooner rather than later. My comment in the NewCath/Walton thread was a fact, the team was "bad" that game, nothing more, nothing less. The girls didn't have a nervous breakdown or need to seek medical attention.:ohbrother: They got a "butt chewin'", pardon the pun, however, they were also told that we as coaches know that they are better then that and need to stay focused and perform to the level we know they can play.

What really disturbs me about this situation is that ALL of the assistants felt strongly enough about how the coach was treating the players to leave the program as well. Not one single assistant coach thought that the players were being treated properly. I briefly spoke with a parent of one of the players that left the team and he didn't say much about it except that his daughter had said that the game was no longer fun. He also said that after a game the weekend before the walkout that the majority of the team left the dugout after the game crying--and that was after a game that they had won. Don't forget that this team was 7-4 at the time of the walkout, they weren't exactly struggling.

Trust me Lawn Boy, I competed in many high school sports. I was also fortunate enough to compete at the D-1 level in college. I too had coaches in high school and college, occasionally berate me and my teammates if we played poorly. I understand and accept that from a coach when necessary. What I don't like, and I think it's unprofessional and warrants dismissal from a program, is when a high school coach or staff member uses a social media platform like BGP and bad mouths his/her team! This is not the proper forum for that type of behavior. College and pro coaches, no problem. High school coaches? Absolutely not!

Trust me Lawn Boy, I competed in many high school sports. I was also fortunate enough to compete at the D-1 level in college. I too had coaches in high school and college, occasionally berate me and my teammates if we played poorly. I understand and accept that from a coach when necessary. What I don't like, and I think it's unprofessional and warrants dismissal from a program, is when a high school coach or staff member uses a social media platform like BGP and bad mouths his/her team! This is not the proper forum for that type of behavior. College and pro coaches, no problem. High school coaches? Absolutely not!

Your opinion is noted and respected.

However, saying they were "bad" in a game that they lost 17-1 in 5 innings and committed 4 errors, is as you put it, "unprofessional and warrants dismissal from a program"? REALLY..........I'm the first one to "sing their praise" when they play good and deservingly so, however it would be "disingenuous" not to mention when they play below their abilities.

Nothing wrong with holding kids accountable for their actions (good or bad). LB gives the girls credit when they deserve it and when they don't deserve it, he don't. I've never seen him single out a player on BGP for playing bad but he does when they do good. Hell someone singled out his daughter as being "clueless in left field" that to me is inappropriate. Maybe after games both teams can join hands around the mound and sing kumbaya! Keep doing what your doing LB.

Veritas seems to have a personal vendetta against Lawnboy. Not sure this is the forum for it.

Nothing wrong with holding kids accountable for their actions (good or bad). LB gives the girls credit when they deserve it and when they don't deserve it, he don't. I've never seen him single out a player on BGP for playing bad but he does when they do good. Hell someone singled out his daughter as being "clueless in left field" that to me is inappropriate. Maybe after games both teams can join hands around the mound and sing kumbaya! Keep doing what your doing LB.

Got ZERO problem with anyone calling out my daughter if she has a bad game or made errors that were key plays in a game.

Got ZERO problem with anyone calling out my daughter if she has a bad game or made errors that were key plays in a game.

She's just lucky she doesn't take after her old man...if that were the case she'd never see the field.:lol2:

Giving kids credit when deserved is great. Using social media to disparage a team is not. Quit drinking the Kool Aid guys.

When a team plays poorly why shouldn't it be noted? The problem with the world today is that everyone is so politically correct and wants participation medals. Sometimes people need to know they didn't do something very well because it motivates them to do better next time.

LB13 has been one of the biggest advocates for many athletes in NKY and personally I'm glad he posts honestly. Keep it up bud. :thumb:

Giving kids credit when deserved is great. Using social media to disparage a team is not. Quit drinking the Kool Aid guys.

What a minute….didn't I see this post a couple weeks ago ? I realize this wasn't disparaging a "team" or necessarily a player…..but seems along the same lines. I have to head to the kitchen for some Kool Aid...

I watched the Walton game. I was really impressed by the NCC catcher and center fielder. Is the left fielder out of position? Seemed that she struggled.

What a minute….didn't I see this post a couple weeks ago ? I realize this wasn't disparaging a "team" or necessarily a player…..but seems along the same lines. I have to head to the kitchen for some Kool Aid...

I watched the Walton game. I was really impressed by the NCC catcher and center fielder. Is the left fielder out of position? Seemed that she struggled.

Well played BirdBrain....