Former MLB Pitcher Sues Police

Clyde

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that 9 officers were suspended and 4 more reprimanded shows that there was definitely bad behavior on both sides.

Does it say what they were suspended and/or reprimanded for? Not what is speculated but what the actual reason given for suspension?

Does it say what they were suspended and/or reprimanded for? Not what is speculated but what the actual reason given for suspension?

It was due to this incident. I would have to think that means that some of their actions were inappropriate. Unless they regularly suspend officers for no particular reason.

I have not read any of the articles but I will give everyone a tip, listen up. If you are ever in a situation where there are lots of peeps, one or more of those peeps are doing something they should not be doing, and the police arrive, STAY OUT OF IT! In other words, let the police handle it with the violator and keep your distance and your mouth shut. For whatever reason groups of people often assume a "mob mentality" at any gathering where there are drugs and/or alcohol. In other words, the police show up and there is always that one jerk that says "Is a beer at the pool really that big of a deal!?" and the group (consciously or unconsciously) attempts to intimidate the officer both verbally and by formation.

I have been in similar situations a handful of times and it is extremely scary for the officer. In the officers mind it often becomes a life or death situation.

There were a couple of times I came extremely close to seriously injuring said "mob members" only they had no idea what was about to take place.

In short, sometimes the police are in nearly impossible situations where if they guess wrong (use no force) the officer get carried by six instead of tried by twelve.

I realize many of you will say I am full of it, off base, wrong, the courts say different, etc. but until you are in that situation you have no idea how scary it can be.

Again, stay out of it, keep your mouth shut, and keep your distance.

I have not read any of the articles but I will give everyone a tip, listen up. If you are ever in a situation where there are lots of peeps, one or more of those peeps are doing something they should not be doing, and the police arrive, STAY OUT OF IT! In other words, let the police handle it with the violator and keep your distance and your mouth shut. For whatever reason groups of people often assume a "mob mentality" at any gathering where there are drugs and/or alcohol. In other words, the police show up and there is always that one jerk that says "Is a beer at the pool really that big of a deal!?" and the group (consciously or unconsciously) attempts to intimidate the officer both verbally and by formation.

I have been in similar situations a handful of times and it is extremely scary for the officer. In the officers mind it often becomes a life or death situation.

There were a couple of times I came extremely close to seriously injuring said "mob members" only they had no idea what was about to take place.

In short, sometimes the police are in nearly impossible situations where if they guess wrong (use no force) the officer get carried by six instead of tried by twelve.

I realize many of you will say I am full of it, off base, wrong, the courts say different, etc. but until you are in that situation you have no idea how scary it can be.

Again, stay out of it, keep your mouth shut, and keep your distance.

So just stand there and watch them beat a guy so bad he has to be air-lifted to the hospital??

It was due to this incident. I would have to think that means that some of their actions were inappropriate. Unless they regularly suspend officers for no particular reason.

That could be anything from excessive force to failing to complete a use of force form.

So just stand there and watch them beat a guy so bad he has to be air-lifted to the hospital??

You amaze me sometimes.

But since you missed the whole point of my response I will answer your question, if I am arresting someone and anyone interferes they may pay with their life.

Anyone who jumps in will only escalate the situation and make things more dangerous for everyone involved including the officers.

So again, your advice is everyone should just stand there and do nothing, and watch a group of cops beat a guy so bad that he has to be air-lifted to the hospital?

So again, your advice is everyone should just stand there and do nothing, and watch a group of cops beat a guy so bad that he has to be air-lifted to the hospital?

Loaded question and you're placing the question as if those are the cut and dry facts.