Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former MLB Pitcher Sues Police

Featured Replies

Loaded question and you're placing the question as if those are the cut and dry facts.

 

Okay, let me rephrase....Is there ever a time, in your opinion, that it's okay for a bystander to intervene if cops are using excessive force?

 

Say, as he claims, the cops had him in handcuffs and are beating him...Is it okay for a passerby to speak up? Maybe try to stop them?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Okay, let me rephrase....Is there ever a time, in your opinion, that it's okay for a bystander to intervene if cops are using excessive force?

 

Say, as he claims, the cops had him in handcuffs and are beating him...Is it okay for a passerby to speak up? Maybe try to stop them?

 

If you want to try and be a hero, go right ahead...

 

Okay, let me rephrase....Is there ever a time, in your opinion, that it's okay for a bystander to intervene if cops are using excessive force?

 

Say, as he claims, the cops had him in handcuffs and are beating him...Is it okay for a passerby to speak up? Maybe try to stop them?

 

I'll also say that if a cop is that stupid and abusive then I don't know you would think he wouldn't do it to you. Sometimes it's best just to be a good witness

If you want to try and be a hero, go right ahead...

 

So your saying never question a cop, is that right?

 

So your saying never question a cop, is that right?

 

:lol2: You like putting words in people's mouths

:lol2: You like putting words in people's mouths

 

You said not to get involved. What good does being a witness do? If the cops are the ones being excessive, they aren't going to bother taking your statement.

 

You said not to get involved. What good does being a witness do? If the cops are the ones being excessive, they aren't going to bother taking your statement.

 

:ohbrother: you don't get it

 

You said not to get involved. What good does being a witness do? If the cops are the ones being excessive, they aren't going to bother taking your statement.

 

If they're beating his tail for excessively, you're a fool for thinking you're gonna stop it. You'll find yourself on the wrong end of the excessive force along with whoever the victim is. So now you've gone and discredited yourself by interfering with an arrest. Be a good witness, take video etc and go to a supervisor not the cops you have an issue with. That's stupid and surely you aren't stupid are you to think they would be the ones you give a statement to :lol2:

If they're beating his tail for excessively, you're a fool for thinking you're gonna stop it. You'll find yourself on the wrong end of the excessive force along with whoever the victim is. So now you've gone and discredited yourself by interfering with an arrest. Be a good witness, take video etc and go to a supervisor not the cops you have an issue with. That's stupid and surely you aren't stupid are you to think they would be the ones you give a statement to :lol2:

 

Of course not, I'm sure as hell not going to the supervisor of those cops either though. That would do no good, so who do you go to?

 

Of course not, I'm sure as hell not going to the supervisor of those cops either though. That would do no good, so who do you go to?

 

If you can't go to their supervisor then that agency has bigger problems then hitting someone in cuffs. No supervisor in their right mind would risk their retirement by not fielding your complaint and sending it up the chain to IA

If you can't go to their supervisor then that agency has bigger problems then hitting someone in cuffs. No supervisor in their right mind would risk their retirement by not fielding your complaint and sending it up the chain to IA

 

You're a lot more trusting of police officers than I am, but then again, I don't trust anyone I don't know, and even then I'm skeptical. :lol2:

If they're beating his tail for excessively, you're a fool for thinking you're gonna stop it. You'll find yourself on the wrong end of the excessive force along with whoever the victim is. So now you've gone and discredited yourself by interfering with an arrest. Be a good witness, take video etc and go to a supervisor not the cops you have an issue with. That's stupid and surely you aren't stupid are you to think they would be the ones you give a statement to :lol2:

 

Very good advice.

 

You're a lot more trusting of police officers than I am, but then again, I don't trust anyone I don't know, and even then I'm skeptical. :lol2:

 

I know their are bad cops in this world but they are exponentially out numbered by good, ethical ones.

So again, your advice is everyone should just stand there and do nothing, and watch a group of cops beat a guy so bad that he has to be air-lifted to the hospital?

 

So you are going to jump in and "help"? I thought you abhorred all violence. Even to the point of not being sure you would use deadly force to protect your own family as you stated in another thread. But your going to jump into a situation that you know nothing about because you don't trust police officers....:ohbrother:

So you are going to jump in and "help"? I thought you abhorred all violence. Even to the point of not being sure you would use deadly force to protect your own family as you stated in another thread. But your going to jump into a situation that you know nothing about because you don't trust police officers....:ohbrother:

 

Where did I say I would do anything? I thought we were talking in general terms.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.