Warren Central 2014

Ram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested to know DragonFire and Black Jacks take here. Know the Dragons lost their awesome QB and main WR/RB. Know they have a stud LB returning and think they have some good young kids like Walker who will be given a chance to step up this year.

It's going to be tough to nail down exactly what they'll be until they get a head coach. They only lost 9 seniors from last season, of which only 6 contributed. Those six represented nine starting positions (though one of them only became a starter at the end due to injuries on the line), so it's not quite as good as it sounds, but still, the Dragons have a lot coming back. They should still be set at the RB position, returning Damani Walker and Daryen Ross, their 3rd and 5th leading rushers from a year ago. The Dragons tend to replace runners fairly easily, though they don't have a stud quite of the caliber of Rondell Green. They'll return 4 offensive linemen that started at some point last season, and should have a three man competition for QB. Defensively the Dragons will return 8 starters. Losing Byron Carver at the DE/LB position will hurt, as will losing Central's all-time INT leader Rondell Green at the CB position, but defensively I'd expect the Dragons to be more sound this season. They'll need Emmitt Smith to anchor them. I wouldn't mind seeing them move him to the DT position, he seems suited for it.

But again, a lot will depend on who the incoming coach is and which staff members return. Once we get a handle on that, then we can begin plugging in names and where we expect them to go.

Who are they looking at to be the head coach?

I really don't know. They've gotten quite a bit of interest from what I've been told but I don't know any names. All I know is that they originally expressed a desire to have a coach hired by right around now. They officially posted the job 8 days ago.

I really don't know. They've gotten quite a bit of interest from what I've been told but I don't know any names. All I know is that they originally expressed a desire to have a coach hired by right around now. They officially posted the job 8 days ago.

Thanks. I think that this is a really good job.

Just find a coach!!!!! The timing of Rogers' leaving kills me, but I wish they could've had someone in place for spring practice.

With that said, just get rid of the wing-t and I will be coming back to watch the games.

IMO, Shanklin should've been starting at QB last year to have him ready for last season, but to each their own.

• 3 weeks later...