Open jobs

I agree, very sad. I really don't like that they are trying to meet the teacher requirement, just hire the best coach!

I couldn't agree with you more, Sportslady. But this is "award-winning Oldham County schools" that we're talking about here, where every kid's greatest value is that he/she is a walking, talking test score. And don't be mistaken, test scores are the only scores that count in this district.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree with you more, Sportslady. But this is "award-winning Oldham County schools" that we're talking about here, where every kid's greatest value is that he/she is a walking, talking test score. And don't be mistaken, test scores are the only scores that count in this district.

Very sad to not look for the best coach. The 'in the building' requirement is somewhat antiquated given modern day communications and the fact that most paraprofessionals are accessoble as needed - otherwise they would not have time to coach in the first place. And retro, there may be 20 great applicants that are being ignored since not teachers in the needed subjects. Very short sighted and now lost the month of June pre dead period.

Very sad to not look for the best coach. The 'in the building' requirement is somewhat antiquated given modern day communications and the fact that most paraprofessionals are accessoble as needed - otherwise they would not have time to coach in the first place. And retro, there may be 20 great applicants that are being ignored since not teachers in the needed subjects. Very short sighted and now lost the month of June pre dead period.

Agree on both statements plus SportsLady! If this were the boys team, it would have already been a done deal. Unfortunately, girls sports in general are not a high priority. Add the teacher openings to fill, and you are making it is extremely difficult to find a quality coach. The last two hires that they had fell into place very easily - not so much this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree on both statements plus SportsLady! If this were the boys team, it would have already been a done deal. Unfortunately, girls sports in general are not a high priority. Add the teacher openings to fill, and you are making it is extremely difficult to find a quality coach. The last two hires that they had fell into place very easily - not so much this time.

Crazy/SportsLady - any updates on South Oldham/did they find the coveted teacher with experience coaching 2nd grade girls 10 years ago? (couldn't resist).

Crazy/SportsLady - any updates on South Oldham/did they find the coveted teacher with experience coaching 2nd grade girls 10 years ago? (couldn't resist).

Did it have to be basketball that they coached? I coached girls soccer about 12 years ago. Anybody have info for the AD where I can send my resume?

2002-2003 Beechmont Unicorns Soccer Club