Open jobs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did South Oldham hire, and is the person that is suppose to take Shelby county's job a current head coach?

No, South Oldham is currently interviewing. Hearing that Shelby person might be a former head coach, but not sure.

did South Oldham hire, and is the person that is suppose to take Shelby county's job a current head coach?

I know nothing about who South Oldham is getting........Shelby is announcing at 5:00 today according to their local paper. I was in a gym last night and heard what I would consider a big name. Name I heard---the last initial was H. I will know if the gym "rumors" were true in about 12 minutes.:sssh:

I know nothing about who South Oldham is getting........Shelby is announcing at 5:00 today according to their local paper. I was in a gym last night and heard what I would consider a big name. Name I heard---the last initial was H. I will know if the gym "rumors" were true in about 12 minutes.:sssh:

Sounds like the same name I heard.

Agree on both statements plus SportsLady! If this were the boys team, it would have already been a done deal. Unfortunately, girls sports in general are not a high priority. Add the teacher openings to fill, and you are making it is extremely difficult to find a quality coach. The last two hires that they had fell into place very easily - not so much this time.

My info on the Shelby job was good......but understand the following info was spewed at an old man's meeting at the DQ. Someone said Don Rice (from CAL) was a finalist.

My info on the Shelby job was good......but understand the following info was spewed at an old man's meeting at the DQ. Someone said Don Rice (from CAL) was a finalist.

Am surprised that Rice would be a finalist with the current AD at Shelby being the old head coach when Slaughter switched to CAL when she was a freshman....interesting.

Any one hearing any thing on the South job? know they are interviewing non-teacher coaches.

Yes.....just re-read my post and it was hard to follow. I did mean that I heard Rice was a finalist at South Oldham. Sorry for the confusion.

Interesting on Rice - not a long term solution by any stretch due to age and purportedly asked to leave CAL. Resume good on paper, but how much of the success was Slaughter and Marsh/really no big success even in the later Dow years.

Interesting on Rice - not a long term solution by any stretch due to age and purportedly asked to leave CAL. Resume good on paper, but how much of the success was Slaughter and Marsh/really no big success even in the later Dow years.

Over my biscuits and gravy and my daily old man's meeting this morning, my buddy swears that Rice is a finalist at South. I don't know if he has inside info or not, I have not heard anything from anyone else. Surely they will do something soon, it's mid-July???