Open jobs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jana Costner Named Head Girls Basketball Coach

CAL is pleased to announce Jana Costner as the new head girls’ basketball coach.

“Deciding to come to CAL was an easy choice for me as a wife, mother and coach. CAL aligns with my core values. I'm excited to conduct player evaluations, to see where we are and create a plan to put them in a position to be successful for where we want to go. I look forward to establishing and building a relationship with my new CAL family as well as continuing the history and tradition set by previous players and coaches,” said Costner.

CAL Director of Athletics, Darin Long, said “We are excited about Coach Costner joining CAL Athletics. She brings a great passion for developing players and understands the strengths of our program. We are confident that she will build upon our winning tradition.”

“My vision is to win every day and to make progress each day--in the classroom, on the court and in the community,” said Costner. “My goal is to maintain our presence in the district, region and across the state. My expectation is to play with integrity, to demonstrate good sportsmanship and be disciples for Christ. These characteristics are tools that will prepare them for life in college and in their careers.”

Costner has been the girls head coach at Jeffersonville High School and the Brown School. She was an assistant at Eastern HS as well as in the Houston and Nashville areas before relocating to Louisville. She currently teaches Spanish at Jeffersontown Elementary school.

Jana Costner Named Head Girls Basketball Coach

CAL is pleased to announce Jana Costner as the new head girls’ basketball coach.

“Deciding to come to CAL was an easy choice for me as a wife, mother and coach. CAL aligns with my core values. I'm excited to conduct player evaluations, to see where we are and create a plan to put them in a position to be successful for where we want to go. I look forward to establishing and building a relationship with my new CAL family as well as continuing the history and tradition set by previous players and coaches,” said Costner.

CAL Director of Athletics, Darin Long, said “We are excited about Coach Costner joining CAL Athletics. She brings a great passion for developing players and understands the strengths of our program. We are confident that she will build upon our winning tradition.”

“My vision is to win every day and to make progress each day--in the classroom, on the court and in the community,” said Costner. “My goal is to maintain our presence in the district, region and across the state. My expectation is to play with integrity, to demonstrate good sportsmanship and be disciples for Christ. These characteristics are tools that will prepare them for life in college and in their careers.”

Costner has been the girls head coach at Jeffersonville High School and the Brown School. She was an assistant at Eastern HS as well as in the Houston and Nashville areas before relocating to Louisville. She currently teaches Spanish at Jeffersontown Elementary school.

Interesting hire. Brown had trouble getting girls to play basketball the year after she left (big time army style, disciplinarian, screamer/yeller), and Jeff had a bad season with her at the helm/only lasted one year - supposedly same issues. Did they call either of those schools?

Interesting hire. Brown had trouble getting girls to play basketball the year after she left (big time army style, disciplinarian, screamer/yeller), and Jeff had a bad season with her at the helm/only lasted one year - supposedly same issues. Did they call either of those schools?

One year at each school? So who gets the CAL job next year? Too soon? Too soon?

BIG job in Louisville coming open.........word is trickling out now.......7th region going to be all shook up over the last couple of years except for coach moir at SHA.

Quite an assumption on your part, Coach??

BIG job in Louisville coming open.........word is trickling out now.......7th region going to be all shook up over the last couple of years except for coach moir at SHA.

Do tell, do tell. Can't wait to learn who it will be. Very interesting!