Clay County/Covington Catholic predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Who Wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Clay County (23-8)
    • Covington Catholic (29-2)

Just curious. For anyone in the know, does Clay County play with the feisty little, ball thieving, ever ready bunny style that they've played with in the past? Haven't seen their game in quite a while.

I wouldn't call them small. Jake Allen is in the 6-6, 6-8 range. Trey Farmer is 6-3. Wes Wolfe around 6-2.

They do have the same trademark guard play that defined most of the better Clay County teams though.

Thurs. March 20 @ 8 PM

Clay County (23-8) averaging 73.1 PPG....Covington Catholic (29-2) averaging 70.4 PPG

MP: Cov Cath 74-62

Predictions?

Upset,,I see Ritchie suiting up for one last game, Cov Cath looking ahead to second round game,,Clay County by 3

My only question regarding this game: can CovCath count on the passionate support of uk#1fan?

I think CovCath wins by 15+....although being the last game of the day, for some odd reason, gives me a little uneasiness. I think the Colonels are much better, so I'm going to assume things go according to Hoyle.

I do also worry about Danny's point of them getting caught looking ahead to PRP on Friday night.

Just curious. For anyone in the know, does Clay County play with the feisty little, ball thieving, ever ready bunny style that they've played with in the past? Haven't seen their game in quite a while.

Sounds like they play a fair amount of 2-3 zone.

My only question regarding this game: can CovCath count on the passionate support of uk#1fan?

After all of the support we have given uk#1fan in his Don Quixote skirmishes against Bluebird Nation, the moderators, St. X fans, Trinity boosters, etc. etc. over the years, I am calling a marker due and asking him to predict a quick Cov. Cath. exit from the tournament. :D

I've watched Clay County numerous times this season, and have been impressed every time I have watched them play. Everyone talks about Chip McDaniel, Trey Farmer and Jake Allen, but the play of Wes Wolfe, Blake Smith and Ryan House will be key as well. Both Wolfe and Smith are athletic as can be. If the Tigers play team ball, they can win this game, but they've also gotta play defense, too. Something they have struggled with.

Look for it to be close for three quarters, but CovCath will win by 12.