Trinity/Owensboro predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Who Wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Trinity (29-5)
    • Owensboro (21-10)

Based on stats I would say this is the main 5:

G Ivory

G Stafford

G Ramser

F Owens

C Spaulding

Ramser and Stafford the 3 pt guns, Spaulding and Owens down low and Ivory running the point. Their FT% looks horrid, only ramser and stafford look good (74 and 80%).

The matchup down low looks pretty good. Oboro is junior dominated so that probably gives Ivory an edge running the show out front. I can see how Trinity is so potent, with good post play in Ivory/Spaulding kick it out to Stafford/Ramser/Levitch for 3 bombs - which they seem to shoot awesome at.

Trinity is a sophomore-junior team. Tre Ivory and Craig Owens, 2 vets from that deep 2012 championship team, are the only seniors. They are the leaders, though, & Trinity's key guys. The other main players are juniors but sophs like Kel'Shawn Knight-Goff see action.

1 Ivory, Wilvontre 5'10

33 Owens, Craig 6'3

4 Levitch, Jax 6'4

13 Ramser, Daniel 6'2

35 Spalding, Raymond 6'9

30 Stafford, Michael 6'1

23 Thieneman, Christian 6'4

14 Knight-Goff, Kel'Shawn 6'4

20 Schmitt, Gabriel 6'0

These are the guys that will see the predominance of playing time for Trinity.

Had to shift some vacation time around usually reserved for Fridays during the fall.....well worth it.....understanding boss helps too!

Just purchased and printed my four for the first round $96.25 for 4 in section 43 Row K via ticketmaster!!!!

Was surprised at how low Owensboro was rated in the Cantrell ratings. Anyone know the story on them? I'm kind of intrigued by this team. Their run through the 3rd wasn't exactly the gauntlet, but no one played them relatively close either.

A close loss to Hopkinsville on the road makes me think this team could be one of the better squads that we aren't really discussing.

Oboro had a slow start this year and lost some games they shouldn't have. They were upset in the 3rd last year. This year, Oboro I think was up on Hoptown after 3 and ended up losing by 6. They beat Bowling Green by 13 I think. Hoptown's coach was very complimentary of the Devils. OHS is real quick with it's guard play and has an outstanding frontcourt in Miller and Holman. I'm anxious to see if Trinity plays zone to negate the frontcourt, if not I wonder who Spaulding will cover. OHS has 2 seniors that play pretty regularly, but the main players are juniors and below.

Edited by Brown

Holman is roughly 6-8 to 6-9, Miller is a load at 6-6. My guess is Trinity will zone them, but I have no idea what defense they prefer. I doubt they go man to man vs. Oboro.

If Trinity plays Ballard straight up man to man I think you will see the same against Owensboro

If Trinity plays Ballard straight up man to man I think you will see the same against Owensboro

Then maybe they will. If that's the case you will definitely see double teaming, they won't guard OHS' frontcourt 1 on 1 the entire game (Maybe Spaulding can stop 1, but someone else would have stop Miller). If they can stop Miller and Holman with Spaulding and the stocky forward alone and no help defense, they will be tough to beat the rest of the way.