March 12, 201412 yr No buzz on anyone? Guess Crocker and Newman live forever? Crocker is a safety and we all agree the Bengals need help at CB.
March 12, 201412 yr Author Crocker is a safety and we all agree the Bengals need help at CB. I think safety's are equally as suspect.
March 12, 201412 yr I think safety's are equally as suspect. No way!!! And I addressed it here: http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/mike-mitchell-steelers-274099.html#post4986443
March 13, 201412 yr Not happy with them letting collins get away. Agreed but I understand it, all comes down to $$$.
March 13, 201412 yr Agreed but I understand it, all comes down to $$$. True however for 6 million a year, I think they could have afforded him. I know they probably didn't want to pay 6 million to 3 lineman if they did. So I would have tried to restructured Whit's deal after this season, or cut him after this year. Collins is younger and has proven he can play the spot.
March 13, 201412 yr Let's see...Lose Johnson, cut Cook, lose Collins, now looks like they're not matching baby Hawk, lose Harrison, resign Tate. I understand not overspending to get other team's players, but I thought the mantra was to resign their own. Lots of cap space and let your good players walk. How are they getting better? Certainly draft picks won't get them to the Superbowl next year.
March 13, 201412 yr Andrew Hawkins signs Browns offer sheet, Bengals now reportedly unlikely to match | ProFootballTalk Hawkins has now signed the offer sheet and more details about the structure have come to light. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that it is a four-year deal worth $13.6 million in total, which is a bit more than originally reported, and that Hawkins stands to make $10.8 million in the first two years of the deal. That structure was surely concocted to make it difficult for the Bengals to match. The team has five days to match the offer or let Hawkins, who was tendered at the original round level, leave without any compensation in return. Rapoport’s colleague Albert Breer reports that the Bengals have rethought their initial response to the offer sheet and that the team is now unlikely to match.
March 13, 201412 yr There should be no one surprised. This is the way they do business now. The Collins loss hurts, but they usually never reach or overpay. They will get some very good sane money type of players, just not the big name guys. They have to meet the minimum cap this year for the first time. They have to sign Green, Dalton, and Burflict. That's where their dough will go, if they are willing and rumblings are Green isn't there yet.
March 13, 201412 yr Saving that 10-15 million for their franchise QB... AJ Green and Von Burfict come due next year. Would have been baffled had they matched the Browns for Hawk. Hes a 4 wr here at best. Collins was good, but Whit just moves back out there. I would have loved to see TJ ward here. Rest of this class is meh.
March 18, 201412 yr Author Currently have the 4th most to spend in FA.. That's a lot of bargain players we can purchase.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.