Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Saturday Games

Featured Replies

Should have a couple of good games at Grant County on Saturday.

Simon Kenton vs. Gallatin County

Anderson County vs. Oldham County

 

Who ya got? :thumb:

I agree FBD should be a couple of good games. Seen both teams a few times this year. As far as SK vs GC, coaching is a toss up so if the officials do their job it should leave it up to the players and with both teams having some good talent I have to give the edge to SK for their size, and depth off of the bench. Sk by 10. AC and OC should also be a good one, but think AC by 15. Way too deep and talented for OC to handle for 32 mins. Good luck to all the coaches and players

I see SK and Anderson advancing to the finals.

I see SK and Anderson advancing to the finals.

 

If these two teams meet in the finals, it'll be like a track meet. I've seen SK several times this year and they're probably averaging 70 shots per game. Haven't seen Anderson as much but their PPG is up there too! Grant Co gym is rather small.....packed house and it could be rockin! Might have to make arrangements to see this one.

If these two teams meet in the finals, it'll be like a track meet. I've seen SK several times this year and they're probably averaging 70 shots per game. Haven't seen Anderson as much but their PPG is up there too! Grant Co gym is rather small.....packed house and it could be rockin! Might have to make arrangements to see this one.

 

 

if the crowd is anything like last years final at North Oldham, Grant will have to turn people away.

 

Obviously their facility meets whatever requirements are necessary to host a regional tournament, but it certainly seems to be too small of a gym to hold a regional tournament to me.

  • Author

IMO I think that Coach West and staff have done an outstanding job with this tournamnet so far.

If it does end up being SK vs. AC in the finals it should be a greatgame. Hard one to call for sure and it will depend on the officiating crew. They let them bang like they did in the AC/WV game I will give the edge to SK. Good luck to both teams.

:thumb:Hats off to the Grant County folks....we wrap it up tomorrow, but it's been extraordinarily well run! Kudos!

 

ColonelMike

I'm sure this has already been brought up in the past but why not hold boys and girls at Henry Co?

The Henry Co folks will need to answer that, but I think the sentiment in the past has been that different schools want to get in on the action.

 

Anderson County, South Oldham, Oldham County, Grant County, Gallatin County, North Oldham, Shelby County - all have done a fine job of hosting the tournament in recent years.

 

And I'm not sure Henry wants the headache of both tournaments. It's quite a job.

 

CM

I actually like the fact that they rotate the district that hosts the region each year.

I'm sure this has already been brought up in the past but why not hold boys and girls at Henry Co?

Welcome to BGP, Dr. J! Hope you are enjoying the forums so far.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.