Where should Regional Tournaments be held?

Where should regional tournaments be held? Should schools be able to play on their home court and have the so-called "home court advantage." Give us your thoughts.

I think some regions around the state stay at the same place every year- isnt the 10th always at the Fieldhouse and the 8th is always at the same place- but I like what the 9th does, rotating between the three biggest venues each year.

I think some regions around the state stay at the same place every year- isnt the 10th always at the Fieldhouse and the 8th is always at the same place- but I like what the 9th does, rotating between the three biggest venues each year.
The 10th is always at Mason, the 8th is always at Henry Co and the 1st is always at Marshall I think.

I am looking forward to when the Bank of Kentucky Arena opens on the campus of Northern Kentucky University, and the Ninth Region games move there. It will be great not having to leave at the end of the first game only to return a half an hour later to see the next one.

The 14th rotates the tournament at Knott Central, Letcher Central, Perry Central, Hazard, Breathitt County, and Powell County. I like it this way, makes it fair for all 4 districts because each one gets to host at least once. However, since the county of Perry gets it twice in the rotation, I feel Hazard should be taken out of it. Besides, their gym doesn't seat enough, and they don't have enough parking....not to mention the gym is 58 years old, built shortly after WW II.

The 14th rotates the tournament at Knott Central, Letcher Central, Perry Central, Hazard, Breathitt County, and Powell County. I like it this way, makes it fair for all 4 districts because each one gets to host at least once. However, since the county of Perry gets it twice in the rotation, I feel Hazard should be taken out of it. Besides, their gym doesn't seat enough, and they don't have enough parking....not to mention the gym is 58 years old, built shortly after WW II.

Agreed Professor, I am sure that in the 1960's that Memorial Gymnasium was an excellent place to watch a ball game. At that time you didnt have to arrive at the game three hours before tip off to get a seat. Last year in the Regional tournament several people had to stand outside in the snow just to wait until the first game was over so that other people would leave. Although I must say that Memorial is the venue of choice by the American heart association, By the time you find a parking space and walk up the mountain you have gotten enough exercise to last you a while. :D

I remember waiting for the maintenance crew to fix a roof leak right over the center circle a couple of years ago at Hazard. Took about an hour.....or till it stopped raining. I will have to say that few facilities offer such a hike as Hazards' does.

I wish there were a college gym large enough in the 14th to host it every year. PCC is the best but it is a decided advantage to allow the largest school to play on their home court.

Agreed Professor, I am sure that in the 1960's that Memorial Gymnasium was an excellent place to watch a ball game. At that time you didnt have to arrive at the game three hours before tip off to get a seat. Last year in the Regional tournament several people had to stand outside in the snow just to wait until the first game was over so that other people would leave. Although I must say that Memorial is the venue of choice by the American heart association, By the time you find a parking space and walk up the mountain you have gotten enough exercise to last you a while. :D

You'll definitely be in shape if you make a habit of climbing that hill, that's for sure.

Half of Owsley's and Leslie's crowd last year looked like they were 70 years old when they finally got into the gym...... because their hair was white from standing outside in pouring snow for nearly an hour, waiting for some of the Breathitt-Perry crowd to leave. And when Owsley and Leslie's teams arrived, there was no where for them to sit, they had to go down stairs and watch the first game on a TV. A gym should have to seat at least 3000 before they can host the regional tournament. Hazard seats 2200, with possibly another 300 standing room only around the rails. That's not enough. That's why people have to stand outside in the snow.