Pendleton's Loss to Mason--Good or Bad??

The 'Cats 10th region winning streak came to a halt last night at the Fieldhouse; will this be good or bad for PC as they enter the playoffs??

Personally, as the fan of another 10th region team; I wasn't pleased to see the upset, especially right before the districts & regionals start!! I think this will cause them to refocus and could be trouble for the rest of the 10th region. I'd have rather seen them come in riding a huge winning streak, and feeling unbeatable!!

Others will say this shows they are beatable, and may give hope and renewed confidence to those they will play in the coming weeks?? Will this put a doubt in their minds??

While most coaches will probably not admit publicly they ever want to see their teams lose; many see these occasional setbacks as an opportunity to emphasise their age old messages of "never taking anyone for granted, on any given night, etc" Probably two schools of thought on this subject.

Again, I don't think this was good for the rest of the 10th region!! What's everyone think??

I would aruge its the best thing that could've happen for any other 10th Region teams. It shows they are beatable and not as invincible as previously thought. Don't forget Mason Co. also took them to Double OT earlier in the year. It took a couple of big shots for Pendelton Co. to win that game at The Fieldhouse. This win should give Mason Co. as well as the rest of the 10th Region a lot more confidence when facing Pendelton Co. in the tournament.

A well-timed loss can sometimes serve to refocus a team that may have at times found the winning too easy. Pendleton had won what, 19 in a row? This lets them know that they can't just coast by and that they have to be on their game the rest of the way, because after the districts it's one and done.

Many SL fans would agree that getting whipped by LexCath late in the year helped SL immensely and was instrumental in their title drive.

The only bad thing about it was it went on their record as a L.It did bring some hope to the Mason fans that were sitting by us.They remarked after the game the region was wide open now.I still think most feel PC is the team to beat having beat some of the region teams twice this year.It still comes down to the way you play the game.If you play good and the other team has a bad night then you will likely win.Should be some good games at districts and the regional.

I remember in 2000 Coach Reitz ( last year at Harrison County)gave us our last loss before going into the tourney. I think most would agree it helped bring the Camels together

After which they lost to Brossart in the District Finals and then Mason County in the Regional Semi-finals.

What's is your point???

I think Middleton for Mason was hobbled with a bad hamstring also, but seemed to play and play well. Still think this was a "good loss" for Pendleton!!

Yes he was it was his 1st return back in 2weeks and he didnt start.Davis did play some minutes though.The 2 guys that filled in for him though had decent games.So that wasnt the differnce.