Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton's Loss to Mason--Good or Bad??

Featured Replies

The 'Cats 10th region winning streak came to a halt last night at the Fieldhouse; will this be good or bad for PC as they enter the playoffs??

 

Personally, as the fan of another 10th region team; I wasn't pleased to see the upset, especially right before the districts & regionals start!! I think this will cause them to refocus and could be trouble for the rest of the 10th region. I'd have rather seen them come in riding a huge winning streak, and feeling unbeatable!!

 

Others will say this shows they are beatable, and may give hope and renewed confidence to those they will play in the coming weeks?? Will this put a doubt in their minds??

 

While most coaches will probably not admit publicly they ever want to see their teams lose; many see these occasional setbacks as an opportunity to emphasise their age old messages of "never taking anyone for granted, on any given night, etc" Probably two schools of thought on this subject.

 

Again, I don't think this was good for the rest of the 10th region!! What's everyone think??

I would aruge its the best thing that could've happen for any other 10th Region teams. It shows they are beatable and not as invincible as previously thought. Don't forget Mason Co. also took them to Double OT earlier in the year. It took a couple of big shots for Pendelton Co. to win that game at The Fieldhouse. This win should give Mason Co. as well as the rest of the 10th Region a lot more confidence when facing Pendelton Co. in the tournament.

A well-timed loss can sometimes serve to refocus a team that may have at times found the winning too easy. Pendleton had won what, 19 in a row? This lets them know that they can't just coast by and that they have to be on their game the rest of the way, because after the districts it's one and done.

 

Many SL fans would agree that getting whipped by LexCath late in the year helped SL immensely and was instrumental in their title drive.

The only bad thing about it was it went on their record as a L.It did bring some hope to the Mason fans that were sitting by us.They remarked after the game the region was wide open now.I still think most feel PC is the team to beat having beat some of the region teams twice this year.It still comes down to the way you play the game.If you play good and the other team has a bad night then you will likely win.Should be some good games at districts and the regional.

I would have to think that its up to them weather or not it bothers them. If they come out with more energy druing the district tourney because of the lose then this could be a great thang for them. But they do need to know that this is a wide open region.

While I am sure that the boys didnt want to lose, I think that this will aid them in refocusing for tournament time. I also know that Pendleton is well aware that there are several teams capable of winning the 10th.

I remember in 2000 Coach Reitz ( last year at Harrison County)gave us our last loss before going into the tourney. I think most would agree it helped bring the Camels together

I remember in 2000 Coach Reitz ( last year at Harrison County)gave us our last loss before going into the tourney. I think most would agree it helped bring the Camels together

After which they lost to Brossart in the District Finals and then Mason County in the Regional Semi-finals.

 

What's is your point???

I think he was talking about the 2001 season Mustang and had his years mixed up.

Keep in mind Pendleton played w/o starter Terry Davis

  • Author
Keep in mind Pendleton played w/o starter Terry Davis

 

I think Middleton for Mason was hobbled with a bad hamstring also, but seemed to play and play well. Still think this was a "good loss" for Pendleton!!

I think the only team that will beat PC, if they even can again will be Mason (AT THERE HOME) in the Regionals. The loss will definetly be a learning tool and measuring stick for coach Biggs and the boys. Lets go CATS!

I think Middleton for Mason was hobbled with a bad hamstring also, but seemed to play and play well. Still think this was a "good loss" for Pendleton!!

Yes he was it was his 1st return back in 2weeks and he didnt start.Davis did play some minutes though.The 2 guys that filled in for him though had decent games.So that wasnt the differnce.

I say that the loss is good because it will get Pendleton prepared for the tough competition in the Regional Tournament.

:fight: I don't think a loss is good at anytime either, but if it should come down to Mason/Pendleton, then trying to beat a team 3 times is almost impossible, specially with both teams as talented as they are...... GO CATS :fight:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.