Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby County 66 Highlands 65

Featured Replies

Final.

 

I don't think Shelby has made a case for being Top 5.

 

HHS D will be tougher than 99% of the teams that Shelby has faced this year.

 

I'll take the Birds in a barnburner.

 

 

 

Folks. HHS is good. Shelby is good but not top 5 nor top 10.

 

HHS blows one game against HC where they don't shoot FTs well down the stretch and people think they're going south.

 

IMO, they're still the team to beat in the 9th.

I would say Shelby is top 5 and without a doubt top 10. I was at this game and Shelby played without the services of one of their big men. Wade did not play in this game because he was disqualified from their last one, (according to some fairly upset Shelby fans). HHS came out strong and actually held a two point lead at half. In the second half HHS could not contain Shelby's point guard who continued to break their defense down off the dribble. To answer your question Slaughter was amazing. HHS did all they could to try and stop him but that failed. Along with his play Shelby's other big man came to life in the second half and the Birds simply had no answer. Shelby was up by ten with about four minutes to play and never relinquished the lead. HHS hit some incredible threes down the stretch but they couldn't do enough to win the game. HHS is a good team and probably the best in the 9th but they blew an opportunity to beat Shelby when they were without one of their big men. I would be interested to know who your top five or top ten would include but both, IMO, should include Shelby.

Wow great effort by HHS against a very good SC team.

It was a great game to watch tonite ! Two top 20 teams in the state and it came down to the bitter end.AJ is the REAL DEAL ! I watched him warm up and play the 1st Qtr and thought what does he have that would make him Mr.B-ball...........he must have heard me and went on to score 30+ , he is good.

Birds played hard and will be ready to play in the district tourny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great game to watch tonite ! Two top 20 teams in the state and it came down to the bitter end.AJ is the REAL DEAL ! I watched him warm up and play the 1st Qtr and thought what does he have that would make him Mr.B-ball...........he must have heard me and went on to score 30+ , he is good.

Birds played hard and will be ready to play in the district tourny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I think the Birds proved tonight they can play with anyone. Great games by Guidugli, Hudy, Eaton and Smith. Hudy, Eaton, and Guiduigli all had two or three threes each. Smith had a great first half with 8 points but saw limited time in the second half. I'm guessing Coach thought he needed the quicker guard lineup, not sure! McGraw looked good tonight as well other than a couple turnovers early in the game. Johnson struggled but went out early in the fourth quarter with a bloody mouth and didn't come back. Tanner got an early charge which seemed to take him out of the game for a while. Still think he spends too much time out on the perimiter. Vories had 20 something but didn't seem to have his A game tonight. Simpson didn't play tonight due to sickness. Went home from school sick.

 

You know that Vories will put up close to 20 every night but IMO I think if the Birds can get Johnson, Guidugli, and either Smith, Hudy or Eaton all in double figures this team will be hard to beat.

 

I think this and Saturday's loss will help this team come tourney time. Still don't think the Holy Cross loss will help anybody though.

And ditto on Passer's comment about Slaughter. That kid has GAME!

Final.

 

 

 

 

 

Folks. HHS is good. Shelby is good but not top 5 nor top 10.

 

HHS blows one game against HC where they don't shoot FTs well down the stretch and people think they're going south.

 

IMO, they're still the team to beat in the 9th.

I still think people sell CCH short. Why is Highlands the team to beat over CCH. They beat CCH by 1 at home like 2months ago. HC beats HHS last week, and its because HHS blew it.

 

I tend to believe that HHS playing at home is as big as an advantage as HC playing at home.

I still think people sell CCH short. Why is Highlands the team to beat over CCH. They beat CCH by 1 at home like 2months ago. HC beats HHS last week, and its because HHS blew it.

 

I tend to believe that HHS playing at home is as big as an advantage as HC playing at home.

 

 

They beat CovCath at CovCath.

I also thought the CCH win was at Highlands. I don't see how you can pick a favorite out in the 9th. The top several teams are obviously close.

I also thought the CCH win was at Highlands. I don't see how you can pick a favorite out in the 9th. The top several teams are obviously close.

 

It will be close but CCH will have a tougher road to the Region period. To have to face Holy Cross and then Holmes/Beechwood winner. That will take a lot out of a team.

The CCH / HHS game was at CCH.

 

Frankly, the margin here surprises me, although it sounds like it was aided by some late three's to close the margin.

 

I think HHS has to be the favorite heading into the region, I agree with cshs81 and others on that point.

 

Shelby Co. has no excuse for not winning the 8th this year.

 

Hopefully WKU got a steal with Slaughter.

The CCH / HHS game was at CCH.

 

Frankly, the margin here surprises me, although it sounds like it was aided by some late three's to close the margin.

 

I think HHS has to be the favorite heading into the region, I agree with cshs81 and others on that point.

 

Shelby Co. has no excuse for not winning the 8th this year.

 

Hopefully WKU got a steal with Slaughter.

 

Don't forget about the 6'8 athletic center Shelby Co. was missing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.