Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 74 Tennessee 66

Featured Replies

WCS is becoming the school yard bully. Plays great when the opponent is undersized and over matched. However, when he plays someone who has a little game or has the size to match up he totally folds. This can hurt later on, been playing soft against quality competition.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why all of the excitement over this game...don't get me wrong I'm very happy that the Cats won. BUT, if they shoot their regular FT% today and there is a good chance they lose. Play this game at UT, there is a good chance they lose.

 

Again I'm glad they won, but D is still lacking communication and ability to get stops. Most of the stops came from what UT did as opposed to what UK did. Why can we not get open shots, every team we play seems to get players wide open for jumpers or on cuts to the basket and it seems as if the UK players are always having to go up over someone to score. 2012 team scored a dozen or so easy wide open baskets a game, this team gets a handful.

WCS is becoming the school yard bully. Plays great when the opponent is undersized and over matched. However, when he plays someone who has a little game or has the size to match up he totally folds. This can hurt later on, been playing soft against quality competition.

 

I don't know that I agree with this. Two of his best games this year were against Louisville (10 boards and 3 blocks) and North Carolina (12 boards and 5 blocks). I don't know that those teams were over-matched

I don't know that I agree with this. Two of his best games this year were against Louisville (10 boards and 3 blocks) and North Carolina (12 boards and 5 blocks). I don't know that those teams were over-matched

 

Carolina has a lot of length but aside from Meeks they don't have a lot of bulk. Meeks didn't play much from what I can remember in that game. Anytime Willie plays anyone with some size (not length) he struggles. Maymon and Stokes are good examples of those types of players.

Carolina has a lot of length but aside from Meeks they don't have a lot of bulk. Meeks didn't play much from what I can remember in that game. Anytime Willie plays anyone with some size (not length) he struggles. Maymon and Stokes are good examples of those types of players.

 

I personally do not feel you can extrapolate a pattern against girth based on what we saw against Tennessee. WCS grabbed 7 boards and blocked 2 shots versus Michigan St.'s girth. I already mentioned Louisville and Chane Behanan. He struggled vs. the length of Ike Austin and Baylor. I think Willie just had a tough afternoon. I look forward to seeing him bounce back against A&M.

Not sure why all of the excitement over this game...don't get me wrong I'm very happy that the Cats won. BUT, if they shoot their regular FT% today and there is a good chance they lose. Play this game at UT, there is a good chance they lose.

 

Again I'm glad they won, but D is still lacking communication and ability to get stops. Most of the stops came from what UT did as opposed to what UK did. Why can we not get open shots, every team we play seems to get players wide open for jumpers or on cuts to the basket and it seems as if the UK players are always having to go up over someone to score. 2012 team scored a dozen or so easy wide open baskets a game, this team gets a handful.

You make some good points. I think many people are encouraged just by the fact that the Cats won and competed and that their improvement is continuing, albeit at a slower pace than many would like.

Am I the only one that thinks Coach Cal needs to stay off the floor, stop arguing every whistle, and coach his team?

Am I the only one that thinks Coach Cal needs to stay off the floor' date=' stop arguing every whistle, and coach his team?[/quote']

 

Yes, yes you are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.