Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern Job

Featured Replies

I have seen some comments on this search in a couple of other threads, but haven't really heard anything lately, or seen another thread about this...

 

Would think this could be a pretty desirable job - anyone have any information?

 

My apologies if I missed this thread, somehow.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AD said the decision will be made by the end of this month...

Who do you think are and /or should be the favorites for the Southwestern job???????

Rumors have been going around that Larry French was trying to get this job. Any truth to this?

???????? News to me. Why would he leave Boyle?

 

An opportunity to coach with his son on the staff could be a possible reason.

I know of 3 coaches interviewing for it, and was told they already know who they want but just waiting on their guy to accept. Seems to be more buddy buddy system working at SW.

All interviews taking place today.

 

I know the following have interviewed today. I believe they are interviewing 7 or 8, not sure. So that leaves 3 mystery.

Dwight Engle (old middle school coach at Southern)

Boomer...? Coach from Anderson CO

Foley, coach from Northern Middle

Mcpeek coach from Fairview.

Kriby Crowder (Never heard of this guy)

Larry French

Ray Graham

Edited by justme2012

At face value, and I understand only those interviewing knows what they want. However if the names on this list are in fact interviewing for this position it would seem to be a 2 horse race. I mean, no offense to anyone, but how could you not offer a veteran head coach who has a couple state championships on his resume, or an experienced head coach who has been very successful as a head coach throughout his career, in favor of a couple of unknown up and coming assistants and a handful of middle school coaches? It just doesn't make sense.

At face value, and I understand only those interviewing knows what they want. However if the names on this list are in fact interviewing for this position it would seem to be a 2 horse race. I mean, no offense to anyone, but how could you not offer a veteran head coach who has a couple state championships on his resume, or an experienced head coach who has been very successful as a head coach throughout his career, in favor of a couple of unknown up and coming assistants and a handful of middle school coaches? It just doesn't make sense.

 

I Agree.. and the names on this list are FACT.

At face value, and I understand only those interviewing knows what they want. However if the names on this list are in fact interviewing for this position it would seem to be a 2 horse race. I mean, no offense to anyone, but how could you not offer a veteran head coach who has a couple state championships on his resume, or an experienced head coach who has been very successful as a head coach throughout his career, in favor of a couple of unknown up and coming assistants and a handful of middle school coaches? It just doesn't make sense.

 

If Larry French isn't offered the job I'll want to hear the reasoning why.

Pp only reason I see is lack of jobs in school for Fball coaches and lack of in school weight program on why French wouldn't accept.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.