Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NDA

Featured Replies

  • Author
From what I've heard is that lawsuit(s) (or possible lawsuits) are involved at this point so I doubt we will hear much coming from the hill with regard to the volleyball 'circus'. In talking to one parent about the situation, their response was they.... 'couldn't talk about it for legal reasons'. Hmmmm...

 

WXYZ - is Stephenson the JV coach that remains?

 

Not sure I completely agree with your scoring......

 

Yes, from what I understand, Stephenson is the lone remaining coach.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
From what I've heard is that lawsuit(s) (or possible lawsuits) are involved at this point so I doubt we will hear much coming from the hill with regard to the volleyball 'circus'. In talking to one parent about the situation, their response was they.... 'couldn't talk about it for legal reasons'. Hmmmm...

......

 

Mokken....I won't comment on the lawsuit(s) but not sure what 'parents' you are talking to because the ones I know won't shut up about this.

Whoa! I totally came across this by accident. Are you telling me that there are two PHM"s?

 

Lol! I know exactly who to go to for this one. He won't tell me anything but guarantee he is involved.

I was talking to a parent of a former player. I was told that more than one parent of a future high school player says that NDA is out because of what's going on with the program. Not good.

I was talking to a parent of a former player. I was told that more than one parent of a future high school player says that NDA is out because of what's going on with the program. Not good.

 

Interesting. Have you heard if some high level clubs are steering kids elsewhere? Are they still going Catholic or just sticking with local public school?

Interesting. Have you heard if some high level clubs are steering kids elsewhere? Are they still going Catholic or just sticking with local public school?

 

No clue to the questions above.

  • Author
I was talking to a parent of a former player. I was told that more than one parent of a future high school player says that NDA is out because of what's going on with the program. Not good.

 

This is the stupidest thing to hear. Who chooses a high school based on sports? Especially volleyball? There is much more to NDA than volleyball but if a parent honestly makes the choice based on volleyball then I would bet the kid either isn't good enough to make it or the parent is ignorant. There isn't a better academic school around than NDA.

  • Author
Interesting. Have you heard if some high level clubs are steering kids elsewhere? Are they still going Catholic or just sticking with local public school?

 

Another stupid question... Seriously what competent parent is going to allow their child to be "steered" by a club volleyball director? All of this is hogwash. I have kids currently in high school and kids headin that way. I have never heard of parents choosing a school because of what a club director told them and all of my kids play different "high level" sports.

PHM2 is good. Trickling down to club.

I was talking to a parent of a former player. I was told that more than one parent of a future high school player says that NDA is out because of what's going on with the program. Not good.

 

If you have a girl who is a good athlete, why wouldn't you send her to NDA? In Volleyball or any sport? Can any other school honestly say their girls' teams are their top priority. I didn't say unimportant, or unequal, I said top priority. From the weight room to scheduling court or field time, there's no boys' teams to compete with.

 

While most schools are hoping to make it to the Regional Final in Volleyball, NDA is in the State picture every year. And the same with a bunch of other sports. Want proof? Look at the Kentucky Enquirer Fall All-Stars from this past Sunday and count all the NDA players from all the sports.

 

NDA's quality of education is beyond question. There may be 1 or 2 more "Academic" schools than NDA in NKY, but not at the same athletic level. Kind of the best of both worlds if you are a good female student-athlete.

 

If you are an impact volleyball player, you can roll the dice somewhere else, or go for the sure thing at NDA and be surrounded by players who are equal or better than you. If you are just looking to play Volleyball in High School, you have many options.

This is the stupidest thing to hear. Who chooses a high school based on sports? Especially volleyball? There is much more to NDA than volleyball but if a parent honestly makes the choice based on volleyball then I would bet the kid either isn't good enough to make it or the parent is ignorant. There isn't a better academic school around than NDA.

 

Sports is a very large part of the high school choice. Sports is also one of the main reasons people transfer schools.

 

I don't know if there isn't a better academic school around than NDA. But there are several schools (private and public) that are strong enough academically to satisfy the parents and students; such that the school choice differentiation decision can come down to sports.

I hear a Head Coach has been decided upon.

 

I heard that two weeks ago. I Keep waiting for an announcement, but nothing official yet.

  • Author

Buck McCoart. You can google him. Nothing spectacular that's for sure. It's obvious no one wants to coach there. An assistant from UC - Myana Webster - was the first one offered but she declined the job. The other two candidates were young (23 and 26) and female. Buck happened to be the right gender as well. I believe all the varsity coaches at NDA are male except golf and soccer. With all the high level volleyball that is played around here there are many many great coaches (and many are women) but these same coaches know the parents at NDA run the show and even the best coach can't succeed under those circumstances. The school got 7 applicants (and two were from Dion Reyes and Stephenson who were already on staff) so 5 applications to coach a team with the best feeder program, a steady flow of D1 athletes and great facilities. Only FIVE... And the problem parents are gone for the most part, leaving the rest of the Pamda families to try to change the legacy. Unfortunately, the changes need to be made at the top in order to make any real progress

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.