Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NDA

Featured Replies

Having had a daughter who graduated from NDA and was part of the volleyball program, I would not of traded her experience at NDA with the top education and soriety bond at an all girls school.

 

Saying that, I would take St. Henry's Maureen Kaiser everyday and twice on on Sunday. She has had tremoundous success against the Pandas over the last decade. They seem to beat NDA 1 out of every 5 times, when they should be winning 1 out of every 25 based on talent pool. She is no nonsense and keeps the parent's egos in check.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see in last 12 months, NDA wins State Soccer, 2nd in State VB, 2nd in State Basketball, numerous regional titles....it is a good thing other schools don't mess up this badly.

 

I too had a daughter gain the NDA experience and I wouldn't change a thing.

Let's see in last 12 months, NDA wins State Soccer, 2nd in State VB, 2nd in State Basketball, numerous regional titles....it is a good thing other schools don't mess up this badly.

 

I too had a daughter gain the NDA experience and I wouldn't change a thing.

 

Panda Power!

Let's see in last 12 months, NDA wins State Soccer, 2nd in State VB, 2nd in State Basketball, numerous regional titles....it is a good thing other schools don't mess up this badly.

 

I too had a daughter gain the NDA experience and I wouldn't change a thing.

 

ND SHOULD be a power in all sports with the size of the school and their feeder system and they are certainly living up to that recently.

Who is calling the shots at NDA?

 

Who is the AD?

 

Two questions, I know Kim Gunning is the AD. I think she also calls the shots but there may be a higher authority in some instances.

Two questions, I know Kim Gunning is the AD. I think she also calls the shots but there may be a higher authority in some instances.

 

God?

As an outsider looking in Buck will do fine there and the panda parents, I think, will be happy with that hire. Girls on Bucks club team really like him and he knows and can teach the game and he has a great, calm demeanor with the girls. Once grade school parents see the type of coach and guy Buck is, the Pandas will be back in their high school search.

As an outsider looking in Buck will do fine there and the panda parents, I think, will be happy with that hire. Girls on Bucks club team really like him and he knows and can teach the game and he has a great, calm demeanor with the girls. Once grade school parents see the type of coach and guy Buck is, the Pandas will be back in their high school search.

 

Their high school search? I don't follow.

Their high school search? I don't follow.

 

What I meant by that is how it was stated that some future high schoolers said that ND is out because of what is going on at the school. Maybe there's more to the problem, I don't have a clue but I think Buck will bring some stability to the volleyball program if the future high school volleyball players are looking at possible schools to attend.

What I meant by that is how it was stated that some future high schoolers said that ND is out because of what is going on at the school. Maybe there's more to the problem, I don't have a clue but I think Buck will bring some stability to the volleyball program if the future high school volleyball players are looking at possible schools to attend.

 

Gotcha. Make sense.

If you have a girl who is a good athlete, why wouldn't you send her to NDA? In Volleyball or any sport? Can any other school honestly say their girls' teams are their top priority. I didn't say unimportant, or unequal, I said top priority. From the weight room to scheduling court or field time, there's no boys' teams to compete with.

 

While most schools are hoping to make it to the Regional Final in Volleyball, NDA is in the State picture every year. And the same with a bunch of other sports. Want proof? Look at the Kentucky Enquirer Fall All-Stars from this past Sunday and count all the NDA players from all the sports.

 

NDA's quality of education is beyond question. There may be 1 or 2 more "Academic" schools than NDA in NKY, but not at the same athletic level. Kind of the best of both worlds if you are a good female student-athlete.

 

If you are an impact volleyball player, you can roll the dice somewhere else, or go for the sure thing at NDA and be surrounded by players who are equal or better than you. If you are just looking to play Volleyball in High School, you have many options.

 

Because not everyone puts NDA on a pedestal like you do. Not saying it's not a great school, however there are other great ones out there...Christian Faith, academically, athletically, socially.

Because not everyone puts NDA on a pedestal like you do. Not saying it's not a great school, however there are other great ones out there...Christian Faith, academically, athletically, socially.

 

I guess it all depends on what your female athlete is looking for, but no one else offers the "total package" for female athletes like NDA. The highest combination of athletics and academics. Being the only all-female school around is a huge advantage for their teams. NDA competes across the board in every sport at a high level. There's really no "weak spot" in their line-up of girls' sports. Academics/test scores, etc are at the highest standard.

 

Love them or hate them, you cannot deny their record in the classroom and in athletic competition - year in and year out, across all sports.

I guess it all depends on what your female athlete is looking for, but no one else offers the "total package" for female athletes like NDA. The highest combination of athletics and academics. Being the only all-female school around is a huge advantage for their teams. NDA competes across the board in every sport at a high level. There's really no "weak spot" in their line-up of girls' sports. Academics/test scores, etc are at the highest standard.

 

Love them or hate them, you cannot deny their record in the classroom and in athletic competition - year in and year out, across all sports.

 

You forgot to mention........the out of control parents that think their kid is the next "superstar" because they dumped a ton of money into Select/Travel Volleyball.

 

They think they know more than the coaches do. Parents don't always see what the coaches see that determine playing time.

Edited by Lawnboy13

There is an obvious issue with out of control parents were Notre Dame volleyball is concerned.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.