2013 Simon Kenton Football

kyyank

Darn good football program at SK. Getting better each year. No need to hate or be jealous.

Agreed. With all the Highlands hate in previous thread spewed by your representative, thought it might put some perspective on SK's history and place.

SK had a great year in 2013, will be hard to equal in 2014 IMO. A lot of losses to graduation, but they have a good program and they wont fall far. Good thing for SK is that 6A in NKY will still be relatively weak IMO.

Next year SK will go as far as Powell and company take them.

SOME FTH fans= way too sensitive. All schools have some of those fans, just seems like FTH has a birthright on titles. Hard to argue with them while they continue to win championships. Oh wait, they lost? my bad. Just kidding.

I don't even know why people on this board talk about SK... They aren't even relevant

Next year SK will go as far as Powell and company take them.

I have to agree, Powell and the running game are going to have to take the pressure off Racke, if they can do that they will have a successful year. If for some reason they have difficulty replacing Walling and Hansel on the O line and the running game sputters...only time will tell.

I think anytime a group of teenage boys can come together and put together the run that SK had the past two seasons, especially this year it is recognized, whether some want to admit it or not. I am not a SK fan nor an SK hater, I like coach Marksberry and over the years he has had ups and downs and has continued to cycle winning teams. I remember in 2011 when they only won 2 games trying to 2 platoon with several young players some people were calling for his head. But the team gain experience and it paid off the last two years. They played and won like a top 10 team this year. Best of luck in the future.

I would encourage all to not let your dislike of UKfan's antics cause you to denigrate the boys and staff at SK for a strong season. I get the impulse but we have to remember that it's not one loudmouth fan that determines the success or failure of a season. SK had a great season and is to be commended.

Congrats to Coach M and the boys.

I think anytime a group of teenage boys can come together and put together the run that SK had the past two seasons, especially this year it is recognized, whether some want to admit it or not. I am not a SK fan nor an SK hater, I like coach Marksberry and over the years he has had ups and downs and has continued to cycle winning teams. I remember in 2011 when they only won 2 games trying to 2 platoon with several young players some people were calling for his head. But the team gain experience and it paid off the last two years. They played and won like a top 10 team this year. Best of luck in the future.

Preach on my friend. Nice to see an 'outsider' recognize that the program is building and improving, even though we've taken some lumps. As for the guy that thinks SK is irrelevant, be careful, we've got the right guy leading the program and will take over NKY football. As Lebron would say, we are all witnesses.

I don't even know why people on this board talk about SK... They aren't even relevant

I like to ride a couple SK posters but I don't think SK is irrelevant, although I used to believe it. Next year will go a long way towards determining how relevant they become. The last time they had a good team and lost senior leadership, they went 2-9? The mark of a top program is continuing success after losing a top senior class. Let's see what happens next year. If they strengthen their schedule and have a good season, we'll have to agree that they have arrived as a program to contend with.