Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern Coach Stephens Resigns

Featured Replies

If my math is correct he shaved 2 ppg off the Bardstown defensive average this year.

#1 Chuck is one of my coaching heroes.

#2 I have no idea how many starters he had back or if the schedule was tougher.

#3 I think that proves changing momentum/culture takes more time that most imagine.

#4 Jimmies and Joes matter.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard French has applied, has any other names been out there or is French a Rumor too.

I know of a lot of names. French is not one I've heard. Especially, considering some of his assistants have applied.

I have heard French has applied, has any other names been out there or is French a Rumor too.

 

I heard he has applied also. Wouldn't surprise me if he has.

I heard he has applied also. Wouldn't surprise me if he has.

 

I also heard Boyle wouldn't hire his son as assistant. That would give him a good reason to look elsewhere and it's not real far of a drive.

I also heard Boyle wouldn't hire his son as assistant. That would give him a good reason to look elsewhere and it's not real far of a drive.

 

That actually was an issue a couple years ago. His son was an assistant at Boyle and taught at one of the elementary schools but didn't get hired back. He ended up teaching and coaching at one of the Hardin County schools if I'm not mistaken. I also believe Larry French still lives in Lincoln County so a commute to Somerset would actually be closer than if he lived in Boyle County.

I also heard Boyle wouldn't hire his son as assistant. That would give him a good reason to look elsewhere and it's not real far of a drive.

 

More to it than that. That happened about a year ago. I believe he lives in Lincoln County so it's really not that far of a drive at all.

More to it than that. That happened about a year ago. I believe he lives in Lincoln County so it's really not that far of a drive at all.

 

South of Stanford, actually. Even closer.

South of Stanford, actually. Even closer.

 

Sounds to me then it is a no brainer who will be the next coach at Southwestern then.

 

IF he applied. But I don't see why he wouldn't.

Sounds to me then it is a no brainer who will be the next coach at Southwestern then.

 

IF he applied. But I don't see why he wouldn't.

 

If it happens I'll be happy for him. I have nothing but love for Coach French and I'll always be grateful for how he turned things around at Boyle County when folks were jumping ship left and right. He didn't have an easy job at Boyle and I think he far exceeded expectations. I hope he stays at Boyle but if he doesn't I understand completely and wish him well in the future.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.