Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Make The Call: Travel or Legal?

Featured Replies

He took 2 steps, spun took 2 more and passed so yeas its a travel... But its Duke. There is no such thing as a travel. This gives me the ability to post one of my favorite videos.

 

 

Had those refs in an FSU loss. Check didn't clear after the game. They learned their lesson.

I watched that play in real time and never could tell he traveled. I see it now.

 

Agree. Roll the game footage in slow mo and break it down, we probably see more of those both ways. Hard to get it all right in real time.

It's a travel but nobody calls travels anymore. We are officially in the 2 Pivot Feet and 3 Steps If You Do a Spin Move Era.

 

And Andrew Harrison just called for another walk. :D

And Andrew Harrison just called for another walk. :D

 

Then he is being way too obvious or deliberate with it. I see travels all of the time that never get called in every game.

Then he is being way too obvious or deliberate with it. I see travels all of the time that never get called in every game.

 

Every single game. Drives me nuts.

  • Author

It's obviously a travel and it is a really tough call to make. Your brain sort of lags processing what you just saw and by time you get to "well that was a travel" play has already continued on.

 

99% of spin moves you see are travels. VERY few can do it legally. Yet you rarely see it called.

99% of spin moves you see are travels. VERY few can do it legally. Yet you rarely see it called.

 

:thumb:

If they re-plant the pivot foot it's a walk. It's not that tough I don't think.

  • Author
If they re-plant the pivot foot it's a walk. It's not that tough I don't think.

 

 

The challenge is to watch when they picked up their dribble (often while spinning), what foot was on the ground at the time, and then what occurs after that.

The challenge is to watch when they picked up their dribble (often while spinning), what foot was on the ground at the time, and then what occurs after that.

 

True.

I found that as an official that if a coach asked what his or her player did wrong on their spin move after I had called traveling and I said, "Coach, they re-planted their pivot foot", it was a satisfactory answer 99.9% of the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.