Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Place To Watch A Game

Featured Replies

Where is the best place in the state to watch a basketball game?

 

 

Personally, I've always liked Ryle & Holmes in the 9th, in that order. Both are very big gyms, so very rarely do you have to get there too early to get a good seat. I give Ryle the edge - I think they have more lower level seating.

 

I have never seen a high school game in The Fieldhouse (Mason County), but I think it's an awesome place to watch basketball - the same goes for Scott County.

I liked The Fieldhouse during my one experience. Now I sat on the stage but it was a very good seat. Scott County is a nice place, I'd also say Ryle and Holmes in the 9th.

I'm cool with anywhere that has good lighting. Don't care how big or small, although the smaller ones tend to always be oppressively hot, and I'm a big boy who has a tendency to break out in a sweat at times ...

Mason Co and Lexington Cath, PLD as well

Hands down... Morton Combs Athletic Complex ..not a bad seat in the house....lighting is super....giant 4 sided scoreboard....great place to see a game!

Hands down... Morton Combs Athletic Complex ..not a bad seat in the house....lighting is super....giant 4 sided scoreboard....great place to see a game!

:thumb: It is pretty nice.

Hands down... Morton Combs Athletic Complex ..not a bad seat in the house....lighting is super....giant 4 sided scoreboard....great place to see a game!

I agree. I didn't think they used to have good lighting, but since their renovation it is much better. And part of the arena has chairback seating. :thumb:

Knott Co. - Morton Combs Athletic Complex

"The Palace" at Raceland. The nicest facility I have been in outside Rupp Arena.

It has to be the Fieldhouse at Mason County during regional tournament time. More often than not the place is packed and rocking.

Words can not express how much I enjoy watching a game at the Fieldhouse. If they would let me I would live there during regional week.

There is no better experence than being in Fieldhouse for the 10th Region Championship game in March. It is a great place to watch a game.

One of the most exciting places to watch KY high school basketball has to be the Reed Conder Gym at Marshall County - home of the famous HoopFest. It seats 6000; has a waiting list for the 964 chair seats which have been sold out since the gym opened in 1980 (one of my family members owns one). Their clock-score keeper hasn't missed a Marshall County home game since 1975. That's loyalty!

One of the most exciting places to watch KY high school basketball has to be the Reed Conder Gym at Marshall County - home of the famous HoopFest. It seats 6000; has a waiting list for the 964 chair seats which have been sold out since the gym opened in 1980 (one of my family members owns one). Their clock-score keeper hasn't missed a Marshall County home game since 1975. That's loyalty!

WOW!!!

I agree, that's some loyalty.

I saw Marshall County at the state tournament a few years back, and they had a HUGE crowd. I loved their mascot, a cowboy with a hat as huge as their fan following.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.