Scott Co.77 Cov.Catholic 71

KHSB1

6. Referees were bad. Bad on both sides. WAKE UP FANS, ITS 9TH REGION BASKETBALL REFEREES. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!

They should have asked Rob Allen to stay after the JV game and help out. Usually don't see the best referee in 9th, maybe ever, doing a JV game. Please Come Back ROB, the boys need your help

Hope BGPreppy doesn't see this thread. According to him, we have some of the best officals in the state.

8. Hey Hicks, are you still crying? :cry: He cries more than Niemi at Ryle. Deserved a T.

I will ask it again, does he cry more than the Listerman?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we found out last night that CovCath can press, and although Scott County won last night, they had better learn to play better against a press, if they plan on going far into the tournament.....

good job CovCath - scott could not handle the press- i guess i was wrong

15. Scott Co. will find the 11th Region Tourney much tougher sledding than that of the 8th (yes, I know, duh). That Region (11) is loaded.

16. Wish Scott Co. and their fans the best of luck the rest of the way, they could be playing on Saturday at Rupp, or out in the Regional tourney, and neither would surprise me much.

As of right now, Scott Co. needs to be worried about getting out of the district first. When was the last time they had to say that?

I would love to know why you think CCH has improved more than anyone. Face it they lost to the Birds in their home gym in front of the Cov Cath Crazies, they lost to Holmes, they lost to Scott County. Let's compare notes on the way Cov Cath ends their seasons - Ryle, Frankfort, and Brossart. Highlands ends with Holy Cross, Pendleton Co. and Shelby County and also Boone. But three out of four of these teams will be tough. Two ranked in the top 10 right now. Until CCH prevails over HHS this year they are not the better team.

Of course, in the rankings, HHS will be above CovCath because they beat them earlier. But after the Highlands game they have improved where they struggled the most, such as spacing and team defense. Also losing to Holmes (top 10 at that point) and Scott Co. (top 5) are nothing to be ashamed of. And on the other hand I don't think that Highlands will beat PC or Shelby, but we shall see. I just think that we match them up today CovCath wins. Of course this is just my opinion and you have a right to yours.

Now it's time for the lady fan to weigh in. It was overall a good game. The CCH fans were absolutely nuts. But they didn't get in Haddix or Mackey's heads as posted above. Haddix #23 had 26 pts 8rbs 3blks and Mackey#14 had 20pts 5rbs 3 asts. If thats getting into their head we need to pack them(CCH Fans) around with us. And the refs did suck!! On both ends. I was glad to leave the refs in the 8th and I'm glad were not in the 9th either. Coach Hicks does whine alot but he does it up 20 or down 10, so at least he's consistent. SC had major trouble with the zone, aside from that they played one heck of a game. And I agree that SC is beatable but I also don't see any undefeateds, SO everyone is beatable. And on a more positive note, if you're gonna lose, you might as well lose to a good team like SCOTT COUNTY.

Now it's time for the lady fan to weigh in. It was overall a good game. The CCH fans were absolutely nuts. But they didn't get in Haddix or Mackey's heads as posted above. Haddix #23 had 26 pts 8rbs 3blks and Mackey#14 had 20pts 5rbs 3 asts. If thats getting into their head we need to pack them(CCH Fans) around with us. And the refs did suck!! On both ends. I was glad to leave the refs in the 8th and I'm glad were not in the 9th either. Coach Hicks does whine alot but he does it up 20 or down 10, so at least he's consistent. SC had major trouble with the zone, aside from that they played one heck of a game. And I agree that SC is beatable but I also don't see any undefeateds, SO everyone is beatable. And on a more positive note, if you're gonna lose, you might as well lose to a good team like SCOTT COUNTY.

:thumb: Good post

I'm sure you weren't expecting an answer, but it's close.

The difference would be in the painful look that Coach Hicks always has. While Coach L can get on the officials with the best of them, he never has that near-tears look that Coach Hicks does.

For the record, Coach Hicks did nothing close to warranting a technical foul last night.