Scott Co.77 Cov.Catholic 71

KHSB1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH fans have been known to blame the refs for losses or close games and criticize me for making excuses but the refs handed Scott Co. this game. It was the worst officiating I have ever seen. Guarding a player underneath the basket by merely putting your hands up and doing nothing else is not a foul and the refs called at least 5 or 6 of these that resulted in 2 free throws or an and 1. And there was also a call where the Scott County player was on the ground at the free throw line, they blew the whistles and he jumped afterwards and the refs gave him the bucket and the foul Don't get me wrong they made a few bad calls going the Colonels way, but they made soo many bad calls that took the momentum away from CCH. It was a great game until about 7 minutes left when the refs decided they liked Scott Co. more. Okay, bring on the criticism.

CCH fans have been known to blame the refs for losses or close games and criticize me for making excuses but the refs handed Scott Co. this game. It was the worst officiating I have ever seen. Guarding a player underneath the basket by merely putting your hands up and doing nothing else is not a foul and the refs called at least 5 or 6 of these that resulted in 2 free throws or And 1. Don't get me wrong they made a few bad calls going the Colonels way, but they made soo many bad calls that took the momentum away from CCH. It was a great game until about 7 minutes left when the refs decided they liked Scott Co. more. Okay, bring on the criticism.

Please.

Yes, there were some calls that looked questionable. I think Coach Hicks is thinking the same thing.

To say that "when they refs decided they liked Scott Co. more" is preposterous and nothing more than sour grapes.

CCH was up 9 early in the 4th. They had their chance. They didn't take advantage of it.

Unless you somehow are telling me that the refs got in the way of CCH defenders when they couldn't stop penetration on about 4 straight possessions, you're way off base.

Not a great game by the boys in stripes but they are way down the list in determining factors.

I seem to remember someone in the preview thread saying Scott County has no issues with handling the press. I'd invite you to watch the tape of this game. They're really poor against the press and even if they break it, they make poor decisions afterwards.

I can see how Bryan Station smoked them.

CCH fans have been known to blame the refs for losses or close games and criticize me for making excuses but the refs handed Scott Co. this game. It was the worst officiating I have ever seen. Guarding a player underneath the basket by merely putting your hands up and doing nothing else is not a foul and the refs called at least 5 or 6 of these that resulted in 2 free throws or an and 1. And there was also a call where the Scott County player was on the ground at the free throw line, they blew the whistles and he jumped afterwards and the refs gave him the bucket and the foul Don't get me wrong they made a few bad calls going the Colonels way, but they made soo many bad calls that took the momentum away from CCH. It was a great game until about 7 minutes left when the refs decided they liked Scott Co. more. Okay, bring on the criticism.

It was a great game untill seven minutes to go because your team was up at that time. Cshs81 said it great you had your chance. I am sure that the Scott Co faithfull thought that they were getting a raw deal until they made the run. You said (Don't get me wrong they made a few bad calls going the Colonels way) even you admitting that seems they should of got all the calls.

Scott Co beat a darn good team and Cov Cath got beat by darn good team.

March Madness is around the corner.

Please.

Yes, there were some calls that looked questionable. I think Coach Hicks is thinking the same thing.

To say that "when they refs decided they liked Scott Co. more" is preposterous and nothing more than sour grapes.

CCH was up 9 early in the 4th. They had their chance. They didn't take advantage of it.

Unless you somehow are telling me that the refs got in the way of CCH defenders when they couldn't stop penetration on about 4 straight possessions, you're way off base.

Not a great game by the boys in stripes but they are way down the list in determining factors.

CCH had their chance until the refs made terrible calls that gave Scott Co. free throws and took away CCH's momentum.

Please.

Have to agree with CCHS81 on this one. The ref's didn't lose the game for CCH and CCH didn't lose this game, they just got beat by a very good team tonight. As for the fouls, welcome to the Ninth Region and their way of calling a game, it is indeed sad that we in the Ninth can't have ref's who call a game like the rest of the Commonwealth where they at least let you play the game.

IHMO Michael Young needs to become a man......if the Colonels are to even get out of the Distict. Young is just so soft in the middle, and thr teams go right at him.

Billy is going to have to learn to take a shot now and then, twice tonight he gave up makeable shots to pass it to someone else who didn't have as good as a shot as he did.

Joe Landrum steped up big time tonight I thought as Scott County has a very good and deep bench.

I think overall this game was good for the Colonels and it showed then that they can play with the big boys.

Oh BTW(1) the Colonels Crazy got into the head of Scott County number 23 tonight. He is a great player but if he lets a group of High School kids get into his head what might happen when he goes to College...I hope he learns to just block the fans out of his head.

Oh BTW (2) Coach Hicks has to be the biggest whiner in the Commonwealth among the High Coaches. He was all over the court crying and whining like a little kid. I can understand doing it sometime but gee from the first minute to the last minute all he did was whine and cry! When you have a top ten team, and have the players that Scott County does, the crying and whining isn't really neccessary all the time, is he doing it to show the Scott County fans that he is into the game or what? Now understand, sometimes it is neccassry but gee........

I remember couple years ago CCH fans blaming the refs @ Scott Co. Now you blame them at home?

There were bad calls but I don't believe to change the outcome of the game. Everyone is saying that CCH was up by 9 4th quarter. But CCH was down by 13 and 10 the entire game. CCH battled back but Scott County was to much but for a Number 3 team in a region to fight the whole game with the number 5 team in the STATE. Hats off to CCH on a great game and also there Student Section was top notch the second half....I bet the students wish they had an opposing Student Section to really strut there stuff.

CovCath's main problem was, as cshs81 said, stopping the penetration in the mid to late 4th quarter. They prevent two and-1 layups and they win the game.

CCH showed a lot tonight, maybe to earn a little statewide recognition. Especially with the Holmes loss, this could be the top team in the 9th region, regardless of what happened against Highlands a few weeks ago. The Colonels have improved more than any other team in this state since the beggining of February.

Hats off to Scott Co. with great players, great fans, and obviously Coach Hicks is a great coach. To get his team back from down 9 with the place absoulutely rockin for CovCath is a superb job.

Have to agree with CCHS81 on this one. The ref's didn't lose the game for CCH and CCH didn't lose this game, they just got beat by a very good team tonight. As for the fouls, welcome to the Ninth Region and their way of calling a game, it is indeed sad that we in the Ninth can't have ref's who call a game like the rest of the Commonwealth where they at least let you play the game.

IHMO Michael Young needs to become a man......if the Colonels are to even get out of the Distict. Young is just so soft in the middle, and thr teams go right at him.

Billy is going to have to learn to take a shot now and then, twice tonight he gave up makeable shots to pass it to someone else who didn't have as good as a shot as he did.

Joe Landrum steped up big time tonight I thought as Scott County has a very good and deep bench.

I think overall this game was good for the Colonels and it showed then that they can play with the big boys.

Oh BTW(1) the Colonels Crazy got into the head of Scott County number 23 tonight. He is a great player but if he lets a group of High School kids get into his head what might happen when he goes to College...I hope he learns to just block the fans out of his head.

Oh BTW (2) Coach Hicks has to be the biggest whiner in the Commonwealth among the High Coaches. He was all over the court crying and whining like a little kid. I can understand doing it sometime but gee from the first minute to the last minute all he did was whine and cry! When you have a top ten team, and have the players that Scott County does, the crying and whining isn't really neccessary all the time, is he doing it to show the Scott County fans that he is into the game or what? Now understand, sometimes it is neccassry but gee........

Did Coach Hicks get a technical tonight. A good referee will let you know if there is to much whining and they will slap him with one. I just love his intensity and how much he fights for his kids. Like him or dislike him he is still one of the Commonwealths best hands down.

There is no doubt after tonight that Cov Cath has the best student section. I will say that Scott Co's student section will rock on Saturday win the Knights of Lex. Cath play at Georgetown in front of 3000 fans.