Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County Football

Featured Replies

I think the Grant County football program is a joke. The administration needs to make a decision to either make football important and go get a good coach or just shut down the football program and just concentrate on having a good marching band. :no:

  • Replies 85
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I disagree....you had decent numbers tonight (unless you also dressed the Frosh squad). You had a lot of BIG boys and your fair share of athletic kids too. How long have y'all had that coachimg staff?

The Marching band really was good, I enjoyed them tonight.

 

I think Grant has the players to make something happen, some good young talent what I've seen. The problem I think may be the attitude that some players have. I think maybe a lot of them don't care. I am only saying this because of some things that happened last year when they p,ayed at Cooper. Heard several cooper players tell me and some others that it wasn't even at the end of the 1st qtrlast year when several of Grants players were asking Cooper players if there were any parties after the game. These conversations were taking place at the bottom of piles after plays and while running down the field trying to cover recievers lol. Then again walking back out to the field after halftime.

 

When p,ayers are more intersted in parties after the game than the game itself while it's taking place, well that speaks volumes on the attitude of many of the players, as if they don't want to be there in the first place.

 

I will say this, Grant moved the ball through the air nicely once Coopers starters were out of the game which tells me they have the talent to actually do things right.

The Marching band really was good, I enjoyed them tonight.

 

I think Grant has the players to make something happen, some good young talent what I've seen. The problem I think may be the attitude that some players have. I think maybe a lot of them don't care. I am only saying this because of some things that happened last year when they p,ayed at Cooper. Heard several cooper players tell me and some others that it wasn't even at the end of the 1st qtrlast year when several of Grants players were asking Cooper players if there were any parties after the game. These conversations were taking place at the bottom of piles after plays and while running down the field trying to cover recievers lol. Then again walking back out to the field after halftime.

 

When p,ayers are more intersted in parties after the game than the game itself while it's taking place, well that speaks volumes on the attitude of many of the players, as if they don't want to be there in the first place.

 

I will say this, Grant moved the ball through the air nicely once Coopers starters were out of the game which tells me they have the talent to actually do things right.

 

The best drive they had was the first drive of the second half against the 1st string.

The best drive they had was the first drive of the second half against the 1st string.

Most of the players that drive were JV players.Had JV players in since the 2nd qtr. It was a mixture

Jaws, maybe you should coach since you know so much about the football program. You were probably the one in the bleachers tonight screaming all the negative comments at 15 and 16 year olds. It's really productive for the school and the kids for you to get on this message board and refer to all of our efforts as "a joke." Building a program takes a lot of time and patience. It also takes a community to be loyal and supportive during the process. The kids and coaches are frustrated too, and trying to fight through the adversity with class and character. Hopefully our players and their families don't read your comments. Thanks for your support. Kevin Siple

Most of the players that drive were JV players.Had JV players in since the 2nd qtr. It was a mixture

 

The first string defense started the second half. In fact, no one sitting around me could believe the first string started second half with a 42 point lead.

The first string defense started the second half. In fact, no one sitting around me could believe the first string started second half with a 42 point lead.

Could have been, I saw JV players out there mixed in, but whatever. I did get a kick out of one of the grant parents yelling in the stands at Cooper players "just pad your stats" when Cooper would gain yards on offense on the first drive after the half. I told him that was a JV player, and he said no the QB is the starter, I told him the receiver was a JV player and we only had 2 QB's due to the fact our 2nd astringent QB wasnt playing due to being out. Then again I thought it was interesting the same guy yapping also didn't have a problem with starters playing for grant against Coopers 3rd and 4th stringers.

I wasn't going to address this at all....even deleted it twice in the update thread...but class and character were hardly on display tonight. Fans were cheering a kid who displayed horrific sportsmanship time after time. I got sucked in, not that it takes much to get my motor revvin '(aka my mouth runnin'). I just hate seeing cheap shots and hits after the whistle....L O N G after the whistle....like D A Y S after the whistle........

I wasn't going to address this at all....even deleted it twice in the update thread...but class and character were hardly on display tonight. Fans were cheering a kid who displayed horrific sportsmanship time after time. I got sucked in, not that it takes much to get my motor revvin '(aka my mouth runnin'). I just hate seeing cheap shots and hits after the whistle....L O N G after the whistle....like D A Y S after the whistle........

I'm glad you mentioned that, I didn't want to since it was a certain Cooper player being targeted and didn't want to sound bias, reminded me of the Anderson County game last year if you remember that.

 

I asked the player after he got home about it and he just laughed so he wasn't bothered by it, he did say after the first time it happened in the 1st qtr (btw, it was the same player the entire game) he asked him after the first incident in the first qtr what his issue was and the kid basically told hi. Where to go lol, the cooper player laughed about it afterwards as he told us there was another time the same thing was about to happen but he got the better of him by tossing him aside lol. After hearing the father of the kid from Grant yapping in the stands it is no mystery where the kid gets it lol.

 

Sad when 1 player can give the rest of the team a black eye, but I'm just glad, just like last year there was no retaliation which speaks volumes about the way Coach Borchers instills good sportsmanship into our boys.

Siple is a proven coach when he has the kids buying into the program. Based on what I've seen at Grant, no one buys in. They remind me a lot of Scott in the 80's, 90's, and 00's.

The Marching band really was good, I enjoyed them tonight.

 

I think Grant has the players to make something happen, some good young talent what I've seen. The problem I think may be the attitude that some players have. I think maybe a lot of them don't care. I am only saying this because of some things that happened last year when they p,ayed at Cooper. Heard several cooper players tell me and some others that it wasn't even at the end of the 1st qtrlast year when several of Grants players were asking Cooper players if there were any parties after the game. These conversations were taking place at the bottom of piles after plays and while running down the field trying to cover recievers lol. Then again walking back out to thye field after halftime.

 

When p,ayers are more intersted in parties after the game than the game itself while it's taking place, well that speaks volumes on the attitude of many of the players, as if they don't want to be there in the first place.

 

I will say this, Grant moved the ball through the air nicely once Coopers starters were out of the game which tells me they have the talent to actually do things right.

 

Seriously, asking where the party is at is probably the greatest thing I've heard this season.

Jaws, maybe you should coach since you know so much about the football program. You were probably the one in the bleachers tonight screaming all the negative comments at 15 and 16 year olds. It's really productive for the school and the kids for you to get on this message board and refer to all of our efforts as "a joke." Building a program takes a lot of time and patience. It also takes a community to be loyal and supportive during the process. The kids and coaches are frustrated too, and trying to fight through the adversity with class and character. Hopefully our players and their families don't read your comments. Thanks for your support. Kevin Siple

 

If coach Siple is serious about building a program then the first thing he needs to do is move to Grant County and be part of the community. Then he needs to meet with the administration and see if they will get on board. Those two things are not going to happen. I am saying that Siple is not the answer. Grant County needs a proven winner that knows how to build a program and the administration needs to step up and be more supportive and make football important like they do with the band program.

If coach Siple is serious about building a program then the first thing he needs to do is move to Grant County and be part of the community. Then he needs to meet with the administration and see if they will get on board. Those two things are not going to happen. I am saying that Siple is not the answer. Grant County needs a proven winner that knows how to build a program and the administration needs to step up and be more supportive and make football important like they do with the band program.

 

 

There are plenty of successful coaches that don't live in the community that they coach.

Seriously, asking where the party is at is probably the greatest thing I've heard this season.

I know lol, when I heard that I laughed my butt off lol.

 

Too funny. I could see it after the game in the handshake line, but at the bottom of a pile, that is classic.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.