Current Roster Numbers

I find this time of year so very interesting for high school basketball.

Practice and tryouts officially started on October 15th. Most fall sports are just getting into the post season. Soccer and football players still competing. Some schools will be without members of their roster for 6 more weeks. Hard for coaches to even conduct tryouts at some schools.

Makes me wonder......What percentage of your expected varsity roster is currently playing basketball?

*assume a varsity roster of 15 players

Highlands - 20%

St Henry has had an outstanding football season, and they are expected to make a pretty deep run in the play-offs. So it's going to be awhile.

Great point--another undefeated season for the Cru footballers!

But let's not forget their cross country team. They usually never make it deep into the post season.

I do believe soccer ended Monday for them so if they had any of those kids they should be under the mentoring of coach Faust any day.

Any Brossart ballers play a fall sport? Holmes?

CovCath ? maybe a couple contributors. NCC? Franzen and Gray off the bench

Brossart is lacking footballers Shannon and McDonald (who is currently on the DL). They also have point guard Jake Jennings, who is now the 4th leading soccer scorer in school history playing in the region. There are a few other players who will log significant JV minutes yet to attend the official start of practice.

Any Brossart ballers play a fall sport? Holmes?

CovCath ? maybe a couple contributors. NCC? Franzen and Gray off the bench

CCH top of my head:

Cole Von Handorf

If Sam Dressman decides to come back as rumored....

I think that's it on the varsity level.

For Holmes:

Brennon Englemon, Andrew Arnold, and Fred Vickers are the only kids who play both football and basketball.

Arnold is the only one who will see significant time at the varsity level.

For Newcath:

Top 6 are all one sport only. Mac Franzen and Jake Smith are the only ones that I'm aware of who will see varsity time off the bench that play both.

For Scott

Krim, Castleman, Osborne, Wolf, and I believe Brinkman all play both.