Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chane Behanan kicked off UL team

Featured Replies

Sorry, but I just have to do this (:lol2:):

 

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio

Behanan and Ware were both suspended this summer, regardless of what is now said. Kevin followed rules since, Chane didnt. End of story.

 

Likely the case.

 

Just speculation here, but the reality for Chane is that the rise of Harrell made him expendable. If Pitino was previously willing to look the other way or make exceptions, maybe he isn't anymore.

  • Replies 173
  • Views 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitino says Wayne Blackshear will fill in at the four for the time being...

  • Author
No idea. But I'd be willing to be that there are certain rules in the code of student conduct that simply aren't covered by Pitino's team rules. Seems like there would be.

 

UKMustangFan has some of them covered. Don't know if those are covered by the basketball rules or not, but you can bet they're in the student code of conduct.

 

Seems an awfully stiff punishment if it's something academic as UKMF suggested. But I guess if Chane had some trouble this summer, maybe this was the last straw?

  • Author
Pitino says Wayne Blackshear will fill in at the four for the time being...

 

Is he not the 3?

What kinda depth does UofL have at the 4? I expect Harrell will be primarily the 5, right?

Seems an awfully stiff punishment if it's something academic as UKMF suggested. But I guess if Chane had some trouble this summer, maybe this was the last straw?

 

Most universities have a zero tolerance policy for cheating or plagiarism, so I don't think it's stiff at all.

"Indefinite suspension" language now re-entering the press conference. Pitino says Chane could find his way back to the team in December...

Is he not the 3?

 

Last year he was but split time with Hancock. I'd imagine Luke will now start at the 3. Blackshear may find himself splitting time at the 3 and 4 like Kyle Kuric used to on occasion.

Seems an awfully stiff punishment if it's something academic as UKMF suggested. But I guess if Chane had some trouble this summer, maybe this was the last straw?

 

Said it was multiple instances that compounded but wouldn't go into specifics.

  • Author
Most universities have a zero tolerance policy for cheating or plagiarism, so I don't think it's stiff at all.

 

I didn't realize that.

 

I had a fairly decent side job in college writing papers for people.

What kinda depth does UofL have at the 4? I expect Harrell will be primarily the 5, right?

 

Pitino had said after the first scrimmage that Stephan Van Treese would be the starting five with Mangok Mathiang and Akoy Agau getting time.

  • Author
Last year he was but split time with Hancock. I'd imagine Luke will now start at the 3. Blackshear may find himself splitting time at the 3 and 4 like Kyle Kuric used to on occasion.

 

On the outside looking in, it has seemed to me like size might be an issue for UL. This would seem to compound that problem, making a small team smaller.

 

Likely the case.

 

Just speculation here, but the reality for Chane is that the rise of Harrell made him expendable. If Pitino was previously willing to look the other way or make exceptions, maybe he isn't anymore.

 

If Harrell were still at the 4 I'd agree, but this is a huge hit to UL at the 4 and leaves the front court really thin.

 

I've known Chane a long time as most on here know, and hopefully this forces him to finally do some growing up. Hate to see it happen like this, but not at all surprised...

"@EvanDanielsFOX: I'd be willing to bet Louisville has Chane Behanan back prior to their game against North Carolina."

 

I'd say most would agree with that.

If you believe Pitino's talk that Harrell was always only going to play the four and not the five -- and taking into account today's events -- then the depth chart looks something like this right now:

 

PG: Chris Jones, Terry Rozier

SG: Russ Smith, Anton Gill

SF: Luke Hancock, Tim Henderson

PF: Montrezl Harrell, Wayne Blackshear

C: Stephan Van Treese, Mangok Mathiang, Akoy Agau

 

*Not sure when Kevin Ware is supposed to be back.

 

This stings... no doubt about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.