St. Xavier @ Manual

As every game on the schedule, I don't see manual slowing down the rushing attack. I also don't see the X defense slowing down the manual passing attack unless schematic changes are made. Although manual wont be able to stop the rush, if the coaching staff doesn't run the ball in necessary situations the tigers will find themselves in last place.

Who wins and why?

Maybe the mods can change this to a poll.

St. X will find a way to win. The St. X players will rise to the occasion and avoid a last place finish in the super district. Since St. X will be able to run the ball, that should "shorten" the game and no way does Motley have another career day throwing the ball. The Xaverians have the advantage of the game film friom last week and understand what mistakes Trinity made.

Maybe the mods can change this to a poll.

St. X will find a way to win. The St. X players will rise to the occasion and avoid a last place finish in the super district. Since St. X will be able to run the ball, that should "shorten" the game and no way does Motley have another career day throwing the ball. The Xaverians have the advantage of the game film friom last week and understand what mistakes Trinity made.

Looking more and more like Big Walk back in the lineup too !!!!

6-2 right now (with losses to BG and Moeller) was remote, but expected.

I am agreeing with this post 100% with a much needed off week next week.

Glass half full all of a sudden. The sun came out today and I just heard that we have another 17 Billion years until life on earth ends !

I think Manual is better than most think. They have a well balanced attack and are big upfront. Too many people were talking about the regression of Trinity instead of the talent at Manual. I think Motley can throw it on St. X. Manual receivers are very quick. I think it is Manual's speed that is the difference. Manual Wins.

For as long as I can remember(using mid 90s as a reference point), it has always been "Manual's year" to knock off St. X, but they have yet to do it. While X's defense is terrible, I don't think they will allow Manual to beat them this year. X wins in another shoot out... 49-43.

I am trying not to be an x basher. I really am rooting for you all. However, x fans you have to agree with me. No way this game should be close (but it will). No way manual should move up and down field (but they will) and no way x should consider doing anything but run the ball behind your horses (but you will).

I am afraid the problem is not with the kids. Ill let you figure out where the problem is.

The Tigers will be playing their first game on natural grass this season at Manual Stadium on Friday. I predict that slows down Austin Davis a little bit. Doubt Walker is back by Friday. Would be very surprised. Why risk him being hurt again? Manual has tall athletic receivers that tore up Trinity's defense... You say Motley can't do it again... but he did it as a Sophomore at home thrown into the fire against a much better defense then, and last year did not do too bad against a defense that again is better than this years. This game will come down to the quarterback position. If BJ has A turnover then St. X loses. Last place in the district.... When the heck was that a possibility before!?!

:no:

The Tigers will be playing their first game on natural grass this season at Manual Stadium on Friday. I predict that slows down Austin Davis a little bit. Doubt Walker is back by Friday. Would be very surprised. Why risk him being hurt again? Manual has tall athletic receivers that tore up Trinity's defense... You say Motley can't do it again... but he did it as a Sophomore at home thrown into the fire against a much better defense then, and last year did not do too bad against a defense that again is better than this years. This game will come down to the quarterback position. If BJ has A turnover then St. X loses. Last place in the district.... When the heck was that a possibility before!?!

:no:

I didn't realize Motley played QB against St. X last year. Nero was the QB when the Crimsons took on Trinity last year.

No idea who wins this one, but one thing is for sure: Manual is very, very good, but I suspect X will find themselves. Have to agree with the poster who complimented Manual's attack. They are talented everywhere. Ought to be a good one. #wishingicouldbeintwoplacesatonce