Class 2A Rankings for 10-1

theguru

I applaud Caldwell County for not running up the score on Union County, Ohio County, Trigg County and Ballard Memorial when it had the chance. However, if the Tigers had, their computer rankings would certainly look a lot better and maybe people would perceive the Tigers better in some areas than they currently do. Even against Fort Campbell, Caldwell was up 48-21 before getting out of its game and trying to run the clock instead of continuing to score.

The Tigers have played a lot of players in a lot of games this season, 1) to not get their starters hurt and 2) because there's no sense in just trying to see how many points you can score after the game has been decided.

The fact that Caldwell also beat DeSales when they met head-to-head just last year might also be enough to justify Caldwell being No. 1.

However, I can certainly understand putting the Colts at No. 1. They have been on a tear this year. You could see the hurt in their eyes after last year's loss to Caldwell and I'm guessing they are putting that to good motivation this season.

You could probably call one of them 1a and one of them 1b and be OK at this point.

It will be interesting to see where they both are in 5-6 weeks and who else has emerged at that time as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree. It's not like there is night and day difference between the two. And I too applaud David Barnes for not running up the score several times when he could have. But I don't think Caldwell took their foot off the pedal against either Christian County or Fort Campbell. And I have no idea on when DeSales took their foot off the pedal in their wins.

The main difference between the two teams is DeSales' win over 5A John Hardin. Caldwell just doesn't have that type of win on their resume and likely won't until they meet Mayfield at the end of the year.

Caldwell County should be #1 because of the kids that go out there and suit up for their PUBLIC high school every week. They are looking at their schedule each week and taking care of that team. Then they move on to the next opponent. If for no other reason, vote Caldwell County #1 for the kids! DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!

guru,

DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!!

signed,

DK

Caldwell County should be #1 because of the kids that go out there and suit up for their PUBLIC high school every week. They are looking at their schedule each week and taking care of that team. Then they move on to the next opponent. If for no other reason, vote Caldwell County #1 for the kids! DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!

guru,

DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!!

signed,

DK

Yes, because the KIDS that play for DeSales are lesser people and don't work as hard because the attend a religion based private school. That makes them lesser people. I've seen a lot of idiotic posts in my time on the site but this is in the top 1% of all of them.

I hope Mayfield and DeSales beat Caldwell by 50.

Yes, because the KIDS that play for DeSales are lesser people and don't work as hard because the attend a religion based private school. That makes them lesser people. I've seen a lot of idiotic posts in my time on the site but this is in the top 1% of all of them.

I hope Mayfield and DeSales beat Caldwell by 50.

Get over it. It was meant as a joke. I have no problem with the smaller schools, at all. Ask LB13. I talk to him 2-3 times a week about football. All of the kids do a great job and deserve their acolades. Caldwell beat DeSales last year, and I hope they do again this year.

As for that part of your rant. Keep dreaming. This is not gonna happen unless something happens to Sindelar, and half the OLine.

Might want to check your schedule, that last game of the season is with Mayfield. A team with a QB named Guhy who plays behind a pretty darn good line. If anyone is near Princeton please stop and help wake him from his dream before it becomes his worst nightmare.

Might want to check your schedule, that last game of the season is with Mayfield. A team with a QB named Guhy who plays behind a pretty darn good line. If anyone is near Princeton please stop and help wake him from his dream before it becomes his worst nightmare.

I am not saying that Mayfield can't beat Caldwell County. What I am saying is it will not be by 50 this year, as averageJoe hoped for. Both Mayfield and DeSales are very good, and should be Caldwell's 2 best opponents should Caldwell make the state semis

Get over it. It was meant as a joke. I have no problem with the smaller schools, at all. Ask LB13. I talk to him 2-3 times a week about football. All of the kids do a great job and deserve their acolades. Caldwell beat DeSales last year, and I hope they do again this year.

Very poor joke. I don't have to get over it and won't. I know they won't beat Caldwell by 50 but I will continue to root for both Mayfield and DeSales- thanks to you.

Very poor joke. I don't have to get over it and won't. I know they won't beat Caldwell by 50 but I will continue to root for both Mayfield and DeSales- thanks to you.

Sorry to hear that, AJG. The argument of Public versus Private will be questioned forever on this and any other message board about Kentucky high school sports. Myself, I could care less if the schools play against each other, as long as you can't recruit players to your school just for sports. DeSales' crowd, last year in the playoffs, was a good group, and they saw that the Caldwell crowd will follow their Tigers anywhere and everywhere.

Personally, I put more stock in Caldwells win over Desales last year on the road than Desales win over JHARDIN this year in determining rank. It's be different if there was a big roster turnover, but, in this case, there isn't. I do think this weeks big win over Bardstown is ultimately what leapfrogged Desales, but, not sure B'Town is any better than Union Co or Ballard, for that matter. Both those teams are pretty decent. Also, not sure Fr Campbell has taken a step down, just because they lost big to McCracken. They're as good as JHARDIN, possibly better. I also don't put a lot of stock in JHARDIN being #2 in 5a, because, honestly, it's BG and a bunch of mediocre teams in 5a this year, probably as weak as its ever been and the main reason for.that ranking is because they didn't get hammered by Highlands, but neither did PT and I think Caldwell would beat them by more than what HHS beat them by. Outside of that close loss, what does JHARDIN have on its résumé that garners such a high ranking. I'd say nothing, but, neither does anyone else in 5a. WCentral is another win that looks better than it really is. Had they beat then last year or the year before, it'd been a lot more impressive. This year, just an average win, Madisonville beat WC by as much as Desales did, and they've since been the victims of a running clock, more than once since.

Personally, I put more stock in Caldwells win over Desales last year on the road than Desales win over JHARDIN this year in determining rank. It's be different if there was a big roster turnover, but, in this case, there isn't. I do think this weeks big win over Bardstown is ultimately what leapfrogged Desales, but, not sure B'Town is any better than Union Co or Ballard, for that matter. Both those teams are pretty decent. Also, not sure Fr Campbell has taken a step down, just because they lost big to McCracken. They're as good as JHARDIN, possibly better. I also don't put a lot of stock in JHARDIN being #2 in 5a, because, honestly, it's BG and a bunch of mediocre teams in 5a this year, probably as weak as its ever been and the main reason for.that ranking is because they didn't get hammered by Highlands, but neither did PT and I think Caldwell would beat them by more than what HHS beat them by. Outside of that close loss, what does JHARDIN have on its résumé that garners such a high ranking. I'd say nothing, but, neither does anyone else in 5a. WCentral is another win that looks better than it really is. Had they beat then last year or the year before, it'd been a lot more impressive. This year, just an average win, Madisonville beat WC by as much as Desales did, and they've since been the victims of a running clock, more than once since.

So you're giving credit to Caldwell's win over DeSales last year but you don't give credit to DeSales win over Warren Central because it isn't last year? Of course, that makes all the sense in the world. And if you can't see how a win over a 4-2 5A John Hardin team that lost to Bowling Green last season by 1 point (and you yourself said that last season matters) is more impressive than a 2-4 Fort Campbell team that has lost to 2 1A schools and only beaten Fort Knox and a mediocre Christian County team...well, I can't help you. And that is not even taking into account John Hardin's performance against a Highlands team that would score every time they had the ball on Caldwell's defense. I know Caldwell can score but their defense has been far from impressive. Sorry but your argument makes not sense. You can't count last season when it suits your needs and discount it when it doesn't. If we had no preseason polls and you had to rank the teams only on results DeSales has the better resume.