February 20, 200620 yr IF a split is to occur, the only fair solution would be 2 groups. Group #1-- privates plus any public school with open enrollment Group#2-- public schools with NO open enrollment and who actually charge tuition to all students outside their districts. Now this will never happen because it doesnt fit the personal agenda of most involved. The main thing you have to understand is that the A.D.s and coaches are not looking for a "fair" solution or what is best for the state as a whole. They are trying to pass things that will help THEM in their OWN region. Now for those that say that is their job---- that is why the board had to step in and overrule them.
February 20, 200620 yr Let me ask a few simple questions: Can anyone define the situation in which the public schools will be completely satisfied with the future of KHSAA sports? Exactly what do the supporters of a split expect such action to accomplish? What is the point of playing the private schools in the regular season, if there will be no effect on the post season? As a Catholic School Parent and admittedly a supporter of Catholic schools, I see from the posters on this thread from the other side wanting, IMHO: 1. Complete and total separation and nothing else..... 2. To hopefully shut down, or to at least reduce the enrollment at the private schools. If you reduce competition, you reduce high expectation on the administration, teachers, coaches and students at the public schools, and I am not just talking about sports….. 3. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ major $$$$$$$$$$$$ 4. And you didn't ask, but soon they will be after the open enrollment counties of the Commonwealth and then the Independent schools too. See I really don't think this a totally private/public debate but a rural/urban one...... And I agree with my friend BIGZIG "I have found that my friends on the private/parochial school side of this issue to be some of the most informative and knowledagable posters on BGP's on most issues and enjoy their post even when I don't agree. There is one exception and it's this tiresome debate." Be careful my friend your beloved Ludlow will soon be on the choppin block too......mark my word......I think the Beechwood and Highlands parents understand this more than you.......
February 20, 200620 yr As you listed your comments to the public school supporters on BGP 1. Wrong. 2. So far off base, you are not even in the same state of the base. 3. Wrong again. 4. I would agree with you here. The issue is more than just private/public. It is about letting schools compete against schools they are similar too. In football and other sports, it is has been done to some extent. Bracken County is not expected to compete against Paul Lawrence Dunbar. Basketball and the Sweet 16 is a Holy Grail that makes it extremely tough to try and classify basketball. You were 1 of 4. In baseball, that would be about a $6 million per year contract.
February 20, 200620 yr As a Catholic School Parent and admittedly a supporter of Catholic schools, I see from the posters on this thread from the other side wanting, IMHO: 1. Complete and total separation and nothing else..... 2. To hopefully shut down, or to at least reduce the enrollment at the private schools. If you reduce competition, you reduce high expectation on the administration, teachers, coaches and students at the public schools, and I am not just talking about sports….. 3. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ major $$$$$$$$$$$$ 4. And you didn't ask, but soon they will be after the open enrollment counties of the Commonwealth and then the Independent schools too. See I really don't think this a totally private/public debate but a rural/urban one...... And I agree with my friend BIGZIG "I have found that my friends on the private/parochial school side of this issue to be some of the most informative and knowledagable posters on BGP's on most issues and enjoy their post even when I don't agree. There is one exception and it's this tiresome debate." Be careful my friend your beloved Ludlow will soon be on the choppin block too......mark my word......I think the Beechwood and Highlands parents understand this more than you....... This is exactly what I mean..It has become a very tiresome debate and one that I think neither side is going to come out a winner.. :sleep: Why, because neither side wishes to compromise and both sides think they have all the answers.
February 20, 200620 yr As you listed your comments to the public school supporters on BGP 1. Wrong. 2. So far off base, you are not even in the same state of the base. 3. Wrong again. 4. I would agree with you here. The issue is more than just private/public. It is about letting schools compete against schools they are similar too. In football and other sports, it is has been done to some extent. Bracken County is not expected to compete against Paul Lawrence Dunbar. Basketball and the Sweet 16 is a Holy Grail that makes it extremely tough to try and classify basketball. You were 1 of 4. In baseball, that would be about a $6 million per year contract. You've rebutted his answers as wrong...but you've offered no answer. Can you please answer my questions with your thoughts?
February 20, 200620 yr This is exactly what I mean..It has become a very tiresome debate and one that I think neither side is going to come out a winner.. :sleep: Why, because neither side wishes to compromise and both sides think they have all the answers. Can you please answer my questions? This is what is so frustrating. The private school supporters are asking these questions, which should be simple to answer. But all we're getting back are attacks on our positions, our information, and our belief in our schools.
February 20, 200620 yr As you listed your comments to the public school supporters on BGP 1. Wrong. 2. So far off base, you are not even in the same state of the base. 3. Wrong again. 4. I would agree with you here. The issue is more than just private/public. It is about letting schools compete against schools they are similar too. In football and other sports, it is has been done to some extent. Bracken County is not expected to compete against Paul Lawrence Dunbar. Basketball and the Sweet 16 is a Holy Grail that makes it extremely tough to try and classify basketball. You were 1 of 4. In baseball, that would be about a $6 million per year contract. :thumb: How do we get you on the Board of Controls..You might be the only one on either side to make much sense.
February 20, 200620 yr Can you please answer my questions? This is what is so frustrating. The private school supporters are asking these questions, which should be simple to answer. But all we're getting back are attacks on our positions, our information, and our belief in our schools. :irked: With all due respect rockmom you are one of the worse on here. You are as narrow in your thinking and the side you are on as you accuse me and others on our side of the issue. Your questions are ones that you have already figured out the answers to or at least to the private way of thinking. You have your standard answers and you really don't want to hear anything else..Just attack those of use who want to see some changes.. This is sort of fun though..About once a week I jump in on one of these threads and make a few comments and true to form here you all come..You're all easy.. :laugh:
February 20, 200620 yr You still don'y get it. I know of no one who doesn,t want every kid to get the best education possible. If you or anyone else can send thier kids to private school that is great. So why do you oppose keeping the school's athletic system seperate. You want this seperation in the educational programs and the financial programs. So do I. I just want a complete seperation. Again you want cake and ice cream and eat it all too. You can't have it both ways. So what does bball king mean when he say's I just want a complete seperation. You asked, I just answered by what he said he wanted.
February 20, 200620 yr :irked: With all due respect rockmom you are one of the worse on here. You are as narrow in your thinking and the side you are on as you accuse me and others on our side of the issue. Your questions are ones that you have already figured out the answers to or at least to the private way of thinking. You have your standard answers and you really don't want to hear anything else..Just attack those of use who want to see some changes.. This is sort of fun though..About once a week I jump in on one of these threads and make a few comments and true to form here you all come..You're all easy.. :laugh: Thanks for your opinion of me. However, I am looking for answers to my questions, which I do NOT have answers for. I DO want to know the answers, and the fact that no one seems to have answers for these questions, leads me to question the motives of those who support those proposals. I haven't attacked anything. I may have refuted, rebutted, defended or defined...but I've not attacked.
February 20, 200620 yr Thanks for your opinion of me. However, I am looking for answers to my questions, which I do NOT have answers for. I DO want to know the answers, and the fact that no one seems to have answers for these questions, leads me to question the motives of those who support those proposals. I haven't attacked anything. I may have refuted, rebutted, defended or defined...but I've not attacked. :ylsuper: Not wasting my time with someone who already has all the answers..Maybe you should lighten up just a bit.. You take things way to personal :walk:
February 20, 200620 yr :ylsuper: Not wasting my time with someone who already has all the answers..Maybe you should lighten up just a bit.. You take things way to personal :walk: I'm not upset. I just want answers to my questions. If you want to provide them, I'll be happy to listen (read). On the otherhand, if you don't want to waste your time with me, I'm not sure why you continue to reply to my posts. :confused:
February 20, 200620 yr BIGZIG, bbking, and ladiesbballcoach, I answered the questions from what I perceived you all wanted. I even used the exact words of bbking and still you say, I was only 1 for 4. Well personally I think I was 3 for 4. 1. Complete and total seperation is what bbking wants (see post #43). 2. Okay I will give you this one, I went to far.... 3. This one is right on, no if and or buts. Money is a huge factor you know it I know it. It's the reason that I don't think the KHSAA will ever put the BB tournament into classes, too much money to lose... 4. You agreed I was right on....... 3 for 4 and in baseball no one has ever been that good in the history of the game......A sure hall of fame player, and the Reds could never afford me...only the Yankees or Red Soxs
February 20, 200620 yr :irked: With all due respect rockmom you are one of the worse on here. You are as narrow in your thinking and the side you are on as you accuse me and others on our side of the issue. Your questions are ones that you have already figured out the answers to or at least to the private way of thinking. You have your standard answers and you really don't want to hear anything else..Just attack those of use who want to see some changes.. This is sort of fun though.. About once a week I jump in on one of these threads and make a few comments and true to form here you all come..You're all easy.. :laugh: :laugh: Quick in , quick out and watch you all go at it..So, so easy.. :laugh: :ylsuper: :walk:
February 20, 200620 yr :laugh: Quick in , quick out and watch you all go at it..So, so easy.. :laugh: :ylsuper: :walk: When public schools stop allowing open enrollment from out of district student and student/athletes.Then I would think the argument of unfair advantage the public schools complain about would have more merit.As it stands now only a limited number of public high schools do not allow it,3 in NKY.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.