Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NL Wild Card: Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - Who Wins? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - Who Wins?

    • Cincinnati Reds
      56%
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Game is at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

 

Cueto and Liriano are on the hill.

 

I'll go with the Pirates because of their home record.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirates. Because they are playing the Reds.

Reds. The odds of the Pirates winning 4 in a row are slim, except it is the Reds so anything can happen.

I think the Reds win. We have seen them go into the postseason with momentum to get no-hit the first game and lose a series after being a game away from ending the series. This is the other side of it. They just need to put it together for a couple weeks and make a run. We know they have that in them.

I think the Reds win. We have seen them go into the postseason with momentum to get no-hit the first game and lose a series after being a game away from ending the series. This is the other side of it. They just need to put it together for a couple weeks and make a run. We know they have that in them.

 

You really are an optimist aren't you? :lol2:

You really are an optimist aren't you? :lol2:

 

Leave me alone. :p

If Cueto pitches a shutout, they have a chance. :rolleyes:

 

Seriously, it is all on Cueto. Although, for some odd reason I feel like the Reds are going to get a few off of Liriano.

 

Questions for everyone ... what is your bullpen lineup following Cueto? Obviously, Chapman is on the back end and if I have to use him two innings to preserve the win, I do it. He is well rested. Who is your first lefty and which lefty do you want for the crucial 8th inning lefthander face off? Or do you go ahead with Chapman if you need a lefty in the 8th? Going with Marshall or Parra first? Who is your setup guy? LeCure? Marshall? What righty is in front of LeCure ... Hoover? What matchups favor the Reds and which matchups favor the Pirates? These are all the things Dusty is planning out today on both sides so what are your thoughts. Let's talk it out now versus taking the easy way out and whining when whatever move Dusty makes doesn't work.

If Cueto pitches a shutout, they have a chance. :rolleyes:

 

Seriously, it is all on Cueto. Although, for some odd reason I feel like the Reds are going to get a few off of Liriano.

 

Questions for everyone ... what is your bullpen lineup following Cueto? Obviously, Chapman is on the back end and if I have to use him two innings to preserve the win, I do it. He is well rested. Who is your first lefty and which lefty do you want for the crucial 8th inning lefthander face off? Or do you go ahead with Chapman if you need a lefty in the 8th? Going with Marshall or Parra first? Who is your setup guy? LeCure? Marshall? What righty is in front of LeCure ... Hoover? What matchups favor the Reds and which matchups favor the Pirates? These are all the things Dusty is planning out today on both sides so what are your thoughts. Let's talk it out now versus taking the easy way out and whining when whatever move Dusty makes doesn't work.

 

Say Cueto gets through 6 and the Reds (miraculously) have a 3-2 lead. I go with LeCure and Marshall (if the situation arises for a lefty), then go with Chapman for the 8th and 9th. Possibly start the 8th with either Parra or Hoover, but 1st baserunner, Chapman is coming in.

 

There is zero chance I put Ondrusek or Simon in, in a meaningful situation, unless it goes extras and they have no other options.

I would try to save Chapman for the 9th. I may be wrong, but it seems like the Pirates have better AB's vs Chapman than every other team. It may be because over the last 2 years they have seen him more frequently than the other teams. Of course, a 4 out save is definitely doable. 6 outs...I don't know.

I would try to save Chapman for the 9th. I may be wrong, but it seems like the Pirates have better AB's vs Chapman than every other team. It may be because over the last 2 years they have seen him more frequently than the other teams. Of course, a 4 out save is definitely doable. 6 outs...I don't know.

 

He's got a 1.21 ERA against the Pirates....3 runs in 22.1 innings.

 

In 90 PAs they are hitting .154 with 12 hits and 37 K's.

Reds. The odds of the Pirates winning 4 in a row are slim, except it is the Reds so anything can happen.

 

11% of the time a MLB team wins three straight against an opponent they then win the 4th in a row.

 

I'll take the 89% and the Reds. I also think the Reds getting away from home, away from the heavy air of disappointment floating overhead, and bonding on the trip improves their chances.

 

Go Redlegs!

He's got a 1.21 ERA against the Pirates....3 runs in 22.1 innings.

 

In 90 PAs they are hitting .154 with 12 hits and 37 K's.

 

Hey, I said I may be wrong. Maybe it was just one game. I know they hit some balls hard in the 9th of one game. You just don't see that very often.

Hey, I said I may be wrong. Maybe it was just one game. I know they hit some balls hard in the 9th of one game. You just don't see that very often.

 

No, I agree. I'm not sure how those #s stack up to how he does against the rest of the league, maybe that's one of the better lines for a team. Either way, I'm still more confident with him in there for both innings, than I am of using the mismash of guys like Simon, Duke, Ondrusek, Hoover, etc....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.