Rick Bolus updated rankings

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that list sucks. Out of the top 20 players in NKY he doesn't have listed many of the best. Including Todd Jacobs, Austin Hill, Greg Rice, Duran Jefferson, Arrez Henderson, Tierney, Lenhof, etc. I've also seen many of the other listed and don't think they are nearly as good as some listed behind them.

Whats up with all of the MMI kids on this list? Shouldnt they have the best team in the state with all that talent? :lol:

MMI has 2 teams....their Gold team (recruited/non KHSAA) should be the best high school team in the state. The players on this list came from the Gold team, not the Blue team that competes in the KHSAA.

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=mmibasketball

Whats up with all of the MMI kids on this list? Shouldnt they have the best team in the state with all that talent? :lol:

As mentioned in another post in this thread, MMI does indeed have two teams. Our Gold team is consisted of financially aided players and, as such, does not play within the KHSAA. We have to travel to surrounding states to find our competition.

Our record this season is 10-8 but I must stress here the strength of our team's schedule. Of the eight games that we have lost here is a breakdown of those teams:

Eldon Academy (MI) was a post-grad team (now closed)

Genesis One Elite (MS) is a post-grad school

Oak Hill Academy (VA) is ranked #1 in the country

Akron St Vincent-St Mary (OH) is ranked #2 in Ohio

New Creations (IN) is a post-grad school

Cincinnati St Xavier (OH) is ranked #4 in Ohio

Prince Avenue Prep (SC) is a post-grad school

Huntington High (WV) is ranked #1 in West Virginia

I think most people would agree that the schedule we play is a tough one for any team.

Thanks for the interest.

DAVE

I think that list sucks. Out of the top 20 players in NKY he doesn't have listed many of the best. Including Todd Jacobs, Austin Hill, Greg Rice, Duran Jefferson, Arrez Henderson, Tierney, Lenhof, etc. I've also seen many of the other listed and don't think they are nearly as good as some listed behind them.

Agreed....Edmonson, Hurd, and even Matt Thomas of Ashland are not better than Jacobs, Rice, Henderson, possibly even Bovard for the underclassmen list.

As someone else has already stated a large part of what goes into these rankings are based on college potential and the ability to play at the next level.

As I've stated on numerous ocassions and these rankings tend to back me up, Dan Penick of Ludlow is about the only true Div. 1 Prospect in NKY this year.

I agree!!! Dan Penick has the height, agilities, and skills to play offense and DEFENSE at the next level in D1. You just cannot get that point across though.

There is no such thing as a 6'2" and 6'3" forward in D1 play right now. However, you will hear lots of player being hyped as big-time college prospects and they just don't have the size or agilities to play at that level. Yes, players can dominate in the 15th and 16th region, young and early. The fact is, many people just do not understand that the level of defense in our region can cause the misconception that some players are better than those in tougher regions even if their stat lines are better. It is just a whole new level in other regions.

As someone else has already stated a large part of what goes into these rankings are based on college potential and the ability to play at the next level.

As I've stated on numerous ocassions and these rankings tend to back me up, Dan Penick of Ludlow is about the only true Div. 1 Prospect in NKY this year.

You are correct, colleges look for a certain type of player who will be enticing to colleges. Edmonson can shoot the 3, is heady and if he grows another couple inches could be a very good 2 G in college. Rice/Hill are very athletic but not very big for college. They would be very undersized for their positions.