36th District Draw

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newport/NCC...winner plays Dayton.

HHS/Bellevue

Why are these not seeded? Either Newport or NCC is gone before Dayton even plays? Dayton gets lucky on one night and they're in the regional tournament. This is ridiculous. A team moves into the regional tournament even after losing in district championship? Is there any other state where a team moves on after losing a tournament game? Somebody please clue me in on why this is best to determine our regional champ. I just don't get it.

Why are these not seeded? Either Newport or NCC is gone before Dayton even plays? Dayton gets lucky on one night and they're in the regional tournament. This is ridiculous. A team moves into the regional tournament even after losing in district championship? Is there any other state where a team moves on after losing a tournament game? Somebody please clue me in on why this is best to determine our regional champ. I just don't get it.

Majority rules. Why would Dayton/Bellevue/Newport want to seed? It's a 3-2 vote.

Majority rules. Why would Dayton/Bellevue/Newport want to seed? It's a 3-2 vote.

So what you're saying is each district votes on how to bracket their tournament? Considering that the end result is the state champion, it seems to me everyone should be uniform in the way their tournaments are run.

So what you're saying is each district votes on how to bracket their tournament? Considering that the end result is the state champion, it seems to me everyone should be uniform in the way their tournaments are run.

Yep. Some districts vote to seed. Some have separate drawings between the boys and girls and some, like the 36th, has one blind drawing for boys and girls.

To clarify: Before the draw is done for this years district tournament (today), the motion has to be made to vote on seeding. When that motion carries, it gets voted down 2-3 every year.

If they would vote it in, it would stay for a two-year cycle and would not take effect until the following year (to keep a team from voting it in one year that they are up).

To clarify: Before the draw is done for this years district tournament (today), the motion has to be made to vote on seeding. When that motion carries, it gets voted down 2-3 every year.

I don't think that s the best way to do it, but who am I? My other question is about the loser of the dist championship game advancing to the regional tournament. Seems kind of absurd.

I don't think that s the best way to do it, but who am I? My other question is about the loser of the dist championship game advancing to the regional tournament. Seems kind of absurd.

So you are saying that either CovCath or Holmes should advance to the regional tournament but not both?

What dist are Holmes and CovCath in? Do they seed or blind draw. Who else is with them HC, Ludlow ?

35th.

Seed.

Holy Cross and Beechwood (was Ludlow before this year).

Holmes is the 1.

CCH is the 2.

Beechwood and Holy Cross play, I think, on the 18th to determine 3rd and 4th. The District is played at Holy Cross this year.

Take a look at this years tournament. Out of HHS and NCC in the 36th, one would have to stay home. In the 35th (I think) you have Beechwood, CCH, Holmes and HC, three of which would be left home. Is that fair?

I understand that with a blind draw these teams may face each other in the first round, at least in the 36th, but that seems less fair to me.

So you are saying that either CovCath or Holmes should advance to the regional tournament but not both?

In reality only one team from 9th goes to Lexington. I guess it does not really matter how they get there. Just seems kind of strange to play a "championship game" that really means nothing more than a patch on the old letter jacket.