Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 teams that will come a callin' when the Birds have an off year

Featured Replies

Who's going to be eager to dig it's claws into the Birds when they come back to earth so to speak? Do coaches even think like this or is it mostly the fanbase clammerin' for payback for all those annual shellings?

I'd guess it is the fanbase more than the coaches but I can see some coaches who would like an opportunity to pounce if it is there.

 

 

Better question. What constitutes an off year for Highlands by their standards? It seems that not winning state would be an off year. Is that the case? Is 8-2 an off year? 6-4? 9-1 and the loss is to CovCath?

I'd guess it is the fanbase more than the coaches but I can see some coaches who would like an opportunity to pounce if it is there.

 

 

Better question. What constitutes an off year for Highlands by their standards? It seems that not winning state would be an off year. Is that the case? Is 8-2 an off year? 6-4? 9-1 and the loss is to CovCath?

 

 

What is a 6-4 yr? You mean 4 losses in one season?

 

Would this be after Highlands joined the GCL in Cinti or the National High School League - (Midwest Division).

 

No disrespect to KY but Highlands and T has moved on to another level...Just sayin

What is a 6-4 yr? You mean 4 losses in one season?

 

Would this be after Highlands joined the GCL in Cinti or the National High School League - (Midwest Division).

 

No disrespect to KY but Highlands and T has moved on to another level...Just sayin

 

I'm not denying that. I'm just trying to be clear on what a down year is. The initial post is wanting to know what top 5 teams will come calling when Highlands has a down year year. That question can't be answered until a down year is defined.

Even in a "down" year, there are not 5 teams that routinely play the Birds that could "pounce" on the opportunity.

Even in a "down" year, there are not 5 teams that routinely play the Birds that could "pounce" on the opportunity.

 

 

I was thinking the point of the initial post was who are the top 5 teams that don't currently play the Birds now that would leap at the chance if the Birds were down.

Didn't get that. I saw payback and figured we were talking about teams that Highlands has been playing.

At this point, an off year is going to be a season they don't win a title...period. The number of losses don't matter.

At this point, an off year is going to be a season they don't win a title...period. The number of losses don't matter.

 

Agreed.

  • Author

I would think Dixie, NCC, Lex Cath, JC, and Ryle would love to give the Bluebirds a thorough beating if they could. CCH is a foregone conclusion.

At this point, an off year is going to be a season they don't win a title...period. The number of losses don't matter.

 

I was thinking the same thing as well.

  • Author
At this point, an off year is going to be a season they don't win a title...period. The number of losses don't matter.

 

I agree that the number of losses won't matter to the Birds, but seeing fans go:taz::taz::taz: when the freshman team loses just makes me wonder how folks would react when the varsity Birds start losing games especially to teams that have suffered annual beatdowns by the Bluebirds for years now.....

At this point no one in NKY is going to pounce on Highlands...they may win but i cant see a team in NKY pouncing Highlands...maybe and i say maybe Cov-Cath but that would mean a down year and great team in Park Hills.

As long as Dale is on the hill, no chance.

If this happens, it'll probably be sometime after Mueller retires. I would say the top 2 would be CovCath and NCC. CovCath doesn't like how Highlands has their number for the past 6-7 years, and on NCC's side, they'd have so much to gain, and nothing really to lose in a match up of this sort. This is hypothetical after all though. But between NCC and CovCath, I can tell you there is definitely a desire in their respective programs to put a whopping on HHS. If/When that ever happens, is yet to be determined. A dynasty has to end sometime though, it's just inevitable. So I'd say CovCath is the most likely to be capable of such in the foreseeable future, and I think they're slowly creeping back up to HHS (Sorry, I know CovCath has HHS scheduled right now, but you never know by the time this comes.)

Edited by blueandgold

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.