Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One of the hardest NKY Football hits ever

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice hit but pretty easy to do when the guy is not looking.

It was a head shot should of been a flag.

Nice hit but pretty easy to do when the guy is not looking.

 

I agree. It gets a lot of "ooohs" but I'm more impressed when it's straight up.

 

I had this happen to me on a punt return in high school. Kid blindsided me. Actually knocked the screw out of my facemask.

 

Nothing against the kid. He did what was legal. It just doesn't impress me.

It was a head shot should of been a flag.

 

It wasn't a head shot.

I agree. It gets a lot of "ooohs" but I'm more impressed when it's straight up.

 

I had this happen to me on a punt return in high school. Kid blindsided me. Actually knocked the screw out of my facemask.

 

Nothing against the kid. He did what was legal. It just doesn't impress me.

 

I agree. The Clowney (South Carolina) hit on Michigan's Smith last year was impressive. This was not. But, you have to have your head up against Holmes at all times. They will hit you hard and often. Even when a play is coming to an end you cannot let up until you are sure a play is dead or you will get popped. This is a way that has been coached into them and I have no problem with it as long as it is within boundaries. What I have had a problem with in the past is players whooping it up after a guy is laying on the field after getting drilled.

The shot Jeff Schabell (CCH) put on Kurt Barber (Paducah Tilghman) in the 1987 AAA State Championship Game was the hardest hit I ever witnessed.

Saw him in the BCPWFL.. No comment.

 

I got to watch him play with my son for two years there too.....I know exactly what you mean

Looks like a helmet to chin.

Am I missing something? I was expecting something different I guess. That kind of block occurs just about every week.

I got to watch him play with my son for two years there too.....I know exactly what you mean

The time this young man played in BCPWFL is totally different to now... He plays hard and gives the Holmes coaches everything he has... He was double and triple teamed all night it was a great block and Holmes players are taught to play until the whistle blows

Am I missing something? I was expecting something different I guess. That kind of block occurs just about every week.

 

But wait. If you look at the title of the video on the frame (not the thread) it says, "The Hardest Football Hit Ever." Really? I am not sure why this video was even posted.

The time this young man played in BCPWFL is totally different to now... He plays hard and gives the Holmes coaches everything he has... He was double and triple teamed all night it was a great block and Holmes players are taught to play until the whistle blows

 

So there are teams out there that are taught not to play until the whistle is blown?

So there are teams out there that are taught not to play until the whistle is blown?

 

I think there are.....you can usually go to the bottom of the win/loss record and find them....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.