Best Boys High School Basketball Coaches

Hicks' job at Corbin was pretty impressive too. I think it was around 1992-1994, but he had them nationally ranked. Impressive considering that they aren't typically thought of as a school just crawling with athletic basketball talent.

Do agree that at the end of the day though, "it isn't about X's and O's... it's about Jimmys and Joes".

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hicks' job at Corbin was pretty impressive too. I think it was around 1992-1994, but he had them nationally ranked. Impressive considering that they aren't typically thought of as a school just crawling with athletic basketball talent.

Do agree that at the end of the day though, "it isn't about X's and O's... it's about Jimmys and Joes".

That is impressive as I watched a few of those teams play & they weren't overly talented. It most definitely is about the jimmy's and joe's but if they have no or very little direction then it is wasted talent as far as a team goes. Coach Hicks is a definite on this list as are most of all them that I have seen that have made this list. I think what Coach Szabo has done at a "FOOTBALL" school is pretty impressive too. Will be interesting to see over the next couple of years if Coach Booher can win another one at a different school than he won his first one. How many coaches in Ky. have done that ?