Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jack Clark Accuses Pujols and Verlander of PED use

Featured Replies

Pujols is suing

 

Angels should counter sue for lack of performance.

It could also be that Pujols is a bit older than he claims to be. Wouldn't be the first Dominican to have age issues.

Clark tweeted that he stands behind what he said.

Angels should counter sue for lack of performance.

 

So glad the Cardinals didn't sign him

I always believed Pujols was clean in his younger days, but now I'm not so sure. His body is suddenly breaking down, which seems to be a common theme with long time PED users. Also, the connection of Latin players and PED's is another common theme. Until he fails a test, or has his name connected with a PED scandal, he has to be considered clean. That's the other problem with the whole PED scandal....I think whenever someone does something great or is dominant for a period of time, questions will always arise as to the legitimacy of his accomplishments.
Puljos had the correct response. So did Palmiero, though.

 

I believe there has been such rampant use, most notably by the league's top players, I do not blame any person for believing or suspecting any MLB player used.

So glad the Cardinals didn't sign him

 

Did you feel this way the day the Angels signed him ;-)??? Pujols is still only 33, which means he should have a few elite years left. But right now, it certainly appears that this will turn out to be one of the worst contracts ever. After A-Rod, Pujols, and Josh Hamilton, I'm not sure you'll see anymore of these 10 year contracts for players on the wrong side of 30.

When people were talking about his struggles when he debuted with the Angels, I thought it was because he had stopped juicing.

Did you feel this way the day the Angels signed him ;-)??? Pujols is still only 33, which means he should have a few elite years left. But right now, it certainly appears that this will turn out to be one of the worst contracts ever. After A-Rod, Pujols, and Josh Hamilton, I'm not sure you'll see anymore of these 10 year contracts for players on the wrong side of 30.

 

Yes and no. Very disappointed he left but didn't want the cardinals to tie up that much money with one player. I liked the cardinals 5 year 150 million offer better than the 10 year 250 million offer. But that 5 year offer would have been bad as well now. He could still come back and finish strong but will never be the player he was 5-7 years ago.

 

So glad the Cardinals didn't sign him

 

I really wanted him back to the Cards. I knew that contract would be horrible very quickly.

These high dollar deals for guys 33+ are part of the fallout from the PED era. It is easy to say, "I told you so", but if the outputs were equal to that of the guys during the PED era, you'd be getting an awesome player. Bonds post-33 was the most dominating force in baseball during my lifetime, maybe ever. A lot of dumb GMs didn't consider that. Pay for what you'll get, not past production.

I always believed Pujols was clean in his younger days, but now I'm not so sure. His body is suddenly breaking down, which seems to be a common theme with long time PED users. Also, the connection of Latin players and PED's is another common theme. Until he fails a test, or has his name connected with a PED scandal, he has to be considered clean. That's the other problem with the whole PED scandal....I think whenever someone does something great or is dominant for a period of time, questions will always arise as to the legitimacy of his accomplishments.
What makes you say his body is suddenly breaking down? Also where's the common theme that this happens with users? Bonds and Clemens didn't seem to have much trouble in their later years. Let's also remember that guys get hurt more the older they get with or without PED's.
Yes and no. Very disappointed he left but didn't want the cardinals to tie up that much money with one player. I liked the cardinals 5 year 150 million offer better than the 10 year 250 million offer. But that 5 year offer would have been bad as well now. He could still come back and finish strong but will never be the player he was 5-7 years ago.

 

This.

 

I really wanted him to stay but no way did I want the Cards to go 10 years. I don't blame him for getting paid, just think who ever at the Angels made that deal should be fired. No way it turns out good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.