Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Punishing Cooper for slur complicated

Featured Replies

Oh come on PP dude, that's not what either one of them said. And I wouldn't have responded to this side thread if Jim had let his first post stand and that was it, but he kept getting deeper with the hole he was digging as he went along and the way I see it dragged a BUNCH of people into the conversation with his assumptions and denial of what Mitch's and hb20's experiences are. And I don't espouse to agree with everything Mitch or hb20 post, but I have to agree with their sentiment here.

 

That is how they are acting. That they never experience racist white people amongst themselves.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim needs to find new friends or new places to hang out if he experiences it as often as he claims. It is not difficult (even in this racist redneck cesspool we call Kentucky :rolleyes:), to find people who don't use that kind of language. Have I come across people who have used it in a racist manner? Absolutely, however it's rare. As to his generalization of country concerts (and rednecks), I've been to upwards of 50+ country concerts and can honestly say I've never heard the word uttered once there. Does that mean it isn't? Absolutely not, but Jim needs to stop trying to paint anyone who likes a certain type of music as having the propensity to be a racist. It's ignorant and insulting, but frankly it's what I would expect from Jim. If he's constantly hearing it, I think that says more about the people he chooses to associate with than it does an entire segment of the population.

 

So basically you're agreeing with everything Jim has stated and insulting him at the same time? :lol:

So basically you're agreeing with everything Jim has stated and insulting him at the same time? :lol:

 

Not even close. Not sure how you got that from my post.

 

He's acting like he has never been around any racist white people at all. For whatever reason you and Mitch are turning Jim's personal experiences into generalizing all white people. I do see it as his own experiences shaping his views and beliefs and whether that is generalizing all white people is up for debate. I clearly see the point Jim is trying to make but I am not on the defensive either. You guys should be fortunate you only know open minded individuals who never make racial comments.

 

No you are completely ignoring what he said. He said of the people he hangs out with he can't remember the last time he heard anyone say the word. Jim's only reasons for that were that he didn't want to hear them or maybe they use racist code words instead. He basically insinuated its not possible that they just don't say racist things. That's how it looked to me anyways.

 

Jim's initial post says, "in my experiences". That's all I need to see. Again, if HB20 and Mitch have never been around racist white people then again, I applaud them for living such a privileged life. I'd have loved to have never been around racist white people.

 

I'm not talking about Jim's experiences. I'm talking about his comment that the only reason ls someone didnt hear their white friends say something racist is because they tuned it out or their friends used racist code words instead. I can't speak for Jim. I can't speak for anyone here but myself and I never claimed otherwise.

No you are completely ignoring what he said. He said of the people he hangs out with he can't remember the last time he heard anyone say the word. Jim's only reasons for that were that he didn't want to hear them or maybe they use racist code words instead. He basically insinuated its not possible that they just don't say racist things. That's how it looked to me anyways.

 

That's exactly what Jim said. The only possibility for Mitch and those he hangs out with not hearing the word is because a) they ignore it, or b) they use code words instead. He completely dismissed the possibility that Mitch and his friends just might not be racist.

 

I know, I know, in Kentucky that's just not possible for us white redneck folk. :rolleyes:

Jim needs to find new friends or new places to hang out if he experiences it as often as he claims. It is not difficult (even in this racist redneck cesspool we call Kentucky :rolleyes:)' date=' to find people who don't use that kind of language. Have I come across people who have used it in a racist manner? Absolutely, however it's rare. As to his generalization of country concerts (and rednecks), I've been to upwards of 50+ country concerts and can honestly say I've never heard the word uttered once there. Does that mean it isn't? Absolutely not, but Jim needs to stop trying to paint anyone who likes a certain type of music as having the propensity to be a racist. It's ignorant and insulting, but frankly it's what I would expect from Jim. If he's constantly hearing it, I think that says more about the people he chooses to associate with than it does an entire segment of the population.[/quote']

 

I've been to a Hank 3 concert in Kentucky. I didn't hear any racist comments and there were 99.9% redneck white people there.

 

Oh and most of them were drunk.

 

That is how they are acting. That they never experience racist white people amongst themselves.

 

Please provide proof that I have "acted" like that.

 

That's exactly what Jim said. The only possibility for Mitch and those he hangs out with not hearing the word is because a) they ignore it, or b) they use code words instead. He completely dismissed the possibility that Mitch and his friends just might not be racist.

 

I know, I know, in Kentucky that's just not possible for us white redneck folk. :rolleyes:

 

I don't always agree with you Mustang but we see eye to eye here.

Not even close. Not sure how you got that from my post.

 

Jim needs to find new friends or new places to hang out if he experiences it as often as he claims. It is not difficult (even in this racist redneck cesspool we call Kentucky :rolleyes:), to find people who don't use that kind of language. Have I come across people who have used it in a racist manner? Absolutely, however it's rare. As to his generalization of country concerts (and rednecks), I've been to upwards of 50+ country concerts and can honestly say I've never heard the word uttered once there. Does that mean it isn't? Absolutely not, but Jim needs to stop trying to paint anyone who likes a certain type of music as having the propensity to be a racist. It's ignorant and insulting, but frankly it's what I would expect from Jim. If he's constantly hearing it, I think that says more about the people he chooses to associate with than it does an entire segment of the population.

 

 

The bolded.

 

Jim's belief from his own personal experiences is that white people tend to let loose of their racist tendencies when in a safe environment surrounded by other white people.

 

 

I think you need to quit being insulted by Jim's beliefs when they don't personally pertain to you.

No you are completely ignoring what he said. He said of the people he hangs out with he can't remember the last time he heard anyone say the word. Jim's only reasons for that were that he didn't want to hear them or maybe they use racist code words instead. He basically insinuated its not possible that they just don't say racist things. That's how it looked to me anyways.

 

 

And IMO you took it the wrong way. All I saw him say(generalizing) is that when racist white people are surrounded by other white people they tend to be more comfortable and will more than likely let loose.

Please provide proof that I have "acted" like that.

 

 

I was making a generalization. Just like you all did about Jim's statements.

I've been to a Hank 3 concert in Kentucky. I didn't hear any racist comments and there were 99.9% redneck white people there.

 

Oh and most of them were drunk.

 

 

So because you didn't hear them that means none were said all night. Gotcha.:thumb:

The bolded.

 

Jim's belief from his own personal experiences is that white people tend to let loose of their racist tendencies when in a safe environment surrounded by other white people.

 

 

I think you need to quit being insulted by Jim's beliefs when they don't personally pertain to you.

 

:lol: I'm saying Jim making sweeping generalizations about the whole of country music fans is ignorant and simply unfounded.

 

Actually when he makes stupid comments and generalizations about groups that would include me (as I go to a lot of country music concerts), it does pertain to me.

Disagree. He actually ended that post by saying...'in my experiences'. Those words absolve all white people and only include the ones he has had experiences with.

 

Then we will have to disagree. Putting "in my experiences" doesn't change the broadness of the rest of the statement.

 

"White people tend to do that in homogeneous company, from my experiences in the redneck world."

 

He's making a blanket statement about White people and using his experiences in the "redneck world" as his evidence. Sorry but no other way to read that. Now that may not have been Jim's intentions but if not then it was a poorly worded post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.