Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Punishing Cooper for slur complicated

Featured Replies

:lol: I'm saying Jim making sweeping generalizations about the whole of country music fans is ignorant and simply unfounded.

 

Actually when he makes stupid comments and generalizations about groups that would include me (as I go to a lot of country music concerts), it does pertain to me.

 

 

But you admit there are probably racial statements made there but that you don't hear them so how does it pertain you? Are you telling me that at a country music concert there aren't racist white people there?

 

That's like me taking issue when somebody says there are blacks that make racial comments about white people at rap concerts. Well, no damn duh.....:no:

  • Replies 123
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

And IMO you took it the wrong way. All I saw him say(generalizing) is that when racist white people are surrounded by other white people they tend to be more comfortable and will more than likely let loose.

 

Then you didn't read the post I'm talking about.

Then we will have to disagree. Putting "in my experiences" doesn't change the broadness of the rest of the statement.

 

"White people tend to do that in homogeneous company, from my experiences in the redneck world."

 

He's making a blanket statement about White people and using his experiences in the "redneck world" as his evidence. Sorry but no other way to read that. Now that may not have been Jim's intentions but if not then it was a poorly worded post.

 

Could be poorly worded but I understand exactly what he is saying.

Then you didn't read the post I'm talking about.

 

It's all good. I never seem to unless we agree on the matter at hand.

 

I was making a generalization. Just like you all did about Jim's statements.

 

I've not said anything close to that. How am I making a generalization? Read Jim's post, because it appears you haven't done so. Ill do the work for you and post it again.

 

 

Perhaps you may be like a lot of other white folks who take the "la-la-la" approach and act like they don't hear it so they don't have to address it? Or maybe they're just using popular code words, and saying the same thing?

 

So because you didn't hear them that means none were said all night. Gotcha.:thumb:

 

None said that I could hear. I'm not going to pretend to know what every person in the bar said....are you?

But you admit there are probably racial statements made there but that you don't hear them so how does it pertain you? Are you telling me that at a country music concert there aren't racist white people there?

 

That's like me taking issue when somebody says there are blacks that make racial comments about white people at rap concerts. Well, no damn duh.....:no:

 

Just because there are probably a few racists there doesn't mean country music fans are racist.

 

He said that, I'm paraphrasing, "he says it a lot, which is typical of white people when they're around a lot of their own" . That to me means it's prevalent. If it were that prevalent, I guarantee you I'd have heard it at least once or twice in the 50+ times I've been to them.

 

So you'd have no problem with someone making a sweeping generalization that blacks that attend rap concerts are racist?

 

It's all good. I never seem to unless we agree on the matter at hand.

 

I posted it for you.

None said that I could hear. I'm not going to pretend to know what every person in the bar said....are you?

 

 

Nope. But I'm not going to act like because I didn't hear it that it doesn't happen.

I've not said anything close to that. How am I making a generalization? Read Jim's post, because it appears you haven't done so. Ill do the work for you and post it again.

 

I posted it for you.

 

So when I see that statement I think of the many co-workers that I work with that have this attitude. Do you not know of white people who take that approach? The head in the sand approach? I do.

Just because there are probably a few racists there doesn't mean country music fans are racist.

 

He said that, I'm paraphrasing, "he says it a lot, which is typical of white people when they're around a lot of their own" . That to me means it's prevalent. If it were that prevalent, I guarantee you I'd have heard it at least once or twice in the 50+ times I've been to them.

 

So you'd have no problem with someone making a sweeping generalization that blacks that attend rap concerts are racist?

 

Nope. I know there are probably tons of blacks at the rap concert that are racist. Only you guys attacking Jim are taking his post to mean EVERY white person there is racist. I take it to mean that a country music concert is more of an environment for a white person to be racist than in their football locker room. Just like a rap concert is a better environment for a black person to be racist than in a boardroom meeting.

 

Nope. But I'm not going to act like because I didn't hear it that it doesn't happen.

 

It may have but I can only speak of my experiences.

 

So when I see that statement I think of the many co-workers that I work with that have this attitude. Do you not know of white people who take that approach? The head in the sand approach? I do.

 

Is that the only possible explanations that you can come up with as to why he hasn't heard anyone say something racist? How about this one...his friends aren't racist??

Is that the only possible explanations that you can come up with as to why he hasn't heard anyone say something racist? How about this one...his friends aren't racist??

 

No. I'm not even talking about Mitch. :lol: I'm talking about Jim's statements.

 

To answer the question though:

 

Jim even said only Mitch knows if he falls in that group that ignores awful things that white people say. He even added, 'perhaps' when Mitch said the people that he is around never say awful things.

 

 

I've already stated that I am happy for Mitch that he never has to hear white people say awful things.

Nope. I know there are probably tons of blacks at the rap concert that are racist. Only you guys attacking Jim are taking his post to mean EVERY white person there is racist. I take it to mean that a country music concert is more of an environment for a white person to be racist than in their football locker room. Just like a rap concert is a better environment for a black person to be racist than in a boardroom meeting.

 

And I would say the bolded is most likely inaccurate. When you're dealing with an NFL lockerroom, let's say for argument's sake, Riley Cooper is the only racist on the Eagles. That's 1 of 53 guys. Just under 2% of the total lockerroom population. At a Kenny Chesney concert there's roughly 20,000 people. In order for it to be more prevalent at the concert there would have to be roughly 400+ people making racist comments. I'd say there's really not much of a distinction between the two places.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.