Obamacare just punched my family square in the nose.

My company Lready instituted something similar a year ago in anticipation to Obamacare. I used to just be on my wife's health insurance but companies are now forcing employees if their spouses company offers health insurance that the spouse must take their companies insurance and the other spouse must take their companies which ended up costing us over 5k a year more.

This also has been going on for a long time, long before Obamacare. This was the case with all three of my previous jobs, dating back to the late 90's. And my job before that, actually paid us a bonus if you and/or your spouse declined insurance coverage.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also has been going on for a long time, long before Obamacare. This was the case with all three of my previous jobs, dating back to the late 90's. And my job before that, actually paid us a bonus if you and/or your spouse declined insurance coverage.

Yep. Coordination of benefits.

Well my job used to reimburse any of it's employees that would use their spouses insurance. That changed last year.

looks like yesterday's excuse was " it's always been this bad " SMH . Sad really .

That's not what I'm saying. Look, there are plenty of issues with this bill. And the more I look at it, the less I believe in it, and I think it's focusing on the wrong issue. My only point, is that while Obamacare will cause some changes, and will certainly have affects on the cost of health insurance, many of the things that are getting blamed on Obamacare, are actually a continuation of what has been going on for many years. In some cases, companies are conveniently using it as an excuse to pass more costs on to the employee. There is a lot more blame to spread around than to focus it solely on this legislation.

I want to know why the lawmakers (congress) that voted for Obama care don't have to the same regulations as the rest of the nation. They get to keep their health care providers while the rest of us have to buy into Obama care. They get no penalties and they are given money to cover their health care thanks to the tax payer.