July 25, 201313 yr A fluke play at first may have just ended Tim Hudson's career. Here's the link. I've seen ones that make my stomach churn more, but they're typically not from baseball. http://deadspin.com/tim-hudson-suffers-gruesome-ankle-injury-taken-off-fie-903482242?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
July 25, 201313 yr Season is definitely over I'd bet. Hopefully he can recover. He is a strong competitor.
July 25, 201313 yr Author From a personnel standpoint, the Braves definitely need Beachy to be the guy he was pre-injury last year now more than ever. Medlen was a candidate to return to the bullpen since he had not been extremely effective. That's obviously gone now. With Maholm on the DL, the Braves are facing having to get by a few starts with Wood or having to acquire another arm. They may need to do that anyway since the staff was already shaky at best and have now lost their rock in Hudson. He was just starting to round into form too.
July 25, 201313 yr Braves have: 1. Medlen 2. Minor 3. Wood 4. Teheran 5. ? Maholm on DL, Hudson is out for year, Beachy is on DL but set to return soon. Key thing is that the Braves have very little experience on this pitching roster. IMO the Braves should trade for Peavy or another quality starter with veteran experience.
July 25, 201313 yr Author So I'm guessing that's definitely a season ended, right? Figure at least 2-3 months for recovery.
July 25, 201313 yr So I'm guessing that's definitely a season ended, right? Figure at least 2-3 months for recovery. It is indeed a season ending injury.
July 25, 201313 yr Just the broken right ankle? If that is the case then he is extremely lucky. Bones heal a lot better than muscles and tissue and are easier to come back from. He should be fine by spring training. Hoping for a full recovery. Loved Hudson when he played for the A's 10 years ago.
July 25, 201313 yr Braves have: 1. Medlen 2. Minor 3. Wood 4. Teheran 5. ? Maholm on DL, Hudson is out for year, Beachy is on DL but set to return soon. Key thing is that the Braves have very little experience on this pitching roster. IMO the Braves should trade for Peavy or another quality starter with veteran experience. Gilmartin?
July 25, 201313 yr To my knowledge he hasn't pitched for Braves this season. He hasn't but he may get his shot. But I did hear that Beachy will probably be brought up now instead of later.
July 25, 201313 yr A lot of twitter talk about Young unnecessarily running hard. Some people are just dumb. Hope he's able to make a full recovery. I've always like Hudson.
July 25, 201313 yr A lot of twitter talk about Young unnecessarily running hard. Some people are just dumb. Hope he's able to make a full recovery. I've always like Hudson. I agree. The ball bounced off Freeman's chest and kicked away. Why wouldn't he try to bust his butt and reach base?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.