Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Newport G Ethan Snapp

Featured Replies

Interest really raising for the sophomore to be.

 

After an impressive blue chip camp where he was MVP with 32 in the all star game and multiple other 30+ pt performances, he has received an invite to NKU Elite Camp on top of Lincoln Memorial, Radford, and Ohio Dominican Elite Camp invites.

 

One coach said if he continues to score the way he has this summer and gets stronger, he is easily a mid major player.

 

Was told Coach Bezold really likes him. Looking forward to seeing him play this season.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a great kid, and he has a high basketball IQ. I really look forward to watching him develop the next few years.

  • Author
Rodd's son?

 

Yup

Really good player with an amazing work ethic. He is having an outstanding year with the NKY Bulldogs. He put up 32 points last weekend in their championship win over Louisville Legends.

  • Author
Really good player with an amazing work ethic. He is having an outstanding year with the NKY Bulldogs. He put up 32 points last weekend in their championship win over Louisville Legends.

 

I believe he was playing up an age level too, wasn't he?

Last weekend he was playing with the U15 group. He has played with the U16's some and done well. He is a high caliber player and will continue to get better. This kid works and works and as he develops physically he will be a force.

How tall is he? Can he create his own shot? What did he average last year?

 

How does he compare to Brandon Hatton?

How tall is he? Can he create his own shot? What did he average last year?

 

How does he compare to Brandon Hatton?

 

 

If he's dropping over 30 a game on a regular basis I'd say he's got to be able to create his shot. Look forward to hearing more about the young mans progress.

  • Author
How tall is he? Can he create his own shot? What did he average last year?

 

How does he compare to Brandon Hatton?

 

I'd say he's a legit 6'0...maybe pushing 6'1.

 

HIs strength is his quick release on his shot. One of the things that makes him so tough to defend is how quick he can pull up and get rid of the ball when taking his man off the dribble. Solid ball handler and despite his frame, is able to finish through some contact. BIggest down fall right now is his defense and needs to get stronger but as has been stated multiple times, kid has a great work ethic and is constantly working in the gym.

 

Not as physically strong as Hatton was at the same age but he can score with the best of them for his age here in NKY. Easily top 3 or 4 soph this year in NKY. If I had to put together a list, I'd say:

 

Markel McClendon- Holmes

Ben Weyer- Newcath

Ethan Snapp- Newport

Andrew Arnold- Holmes

Steffan Green- Holmes

 

I know I have 3 Holmes kids and some of you will call me a homer for that but ask any JV coach in NKY who has seen them and they will agree that group is absolutely loaded and has some studs.

 

Back to Ethan, I'd say he is probably the best scorer in nky for his class. No doubt in my mind.

 

I'd say he's a legit 6'0...maybe pushing 6'1.

 

HIs strength is his quick release on his shot. One of the things that makes him so tough to defend is how quick he can pull up and get rid of the ball when taking his man off the dribble. Solid ball handler and despite his frame, is able to finish through some contact. BIggest down fall right now is his defense and needs to get stronger but as has been stated multiple times, kid has a great work ethic and is constantly working in the gym.

 

Not as physically strong as Hatton was at the same age but he can score with the best of them for his age here in NKY. Easily top 3 or 4 soph this year in NKY. If I had to put together a list, I'd say:

 

Markel McClendon- Holmes

Ben Weyer- Newcath

Ethan Snapp- Newport

Andrew Arnold- Holmes

Steffan Green- Holmes

 

I know I have 3 Holmes kids and some of you will call me a homer for that but ask any JV coach in NKY who has seen them and they will agree that group is absolutely loaded and has some studs.

 

Back to Ethan, I'd say he is probably the best scorer in nky for his class. No doubt in my mind.

 

Matt Wilson is a top 5 Soph in NKY. No doubt in my mind.

  • Author
Matt Wilson is a top 5 Soph in NKY. No doubt in my mind.

 

Should've clarified...was speaking of 9th region only.

 

But yes Matt Wilson is a good one too. Was disappointed I didn't get to see him over the summer.

Ethan is not as strong as Hatton was as a rising soph, but Snapp is very young for his grade. Really close to being considered as playing up a year. My point is that he will continue to mature physically for a while.

Ethan is not as strong as Hatton was as a rising soph, but Snapp is very young for his grade. Really close to being considered as playing up a year. My point is that he will continue to mature physically for a while.

 

IMO Ethan Snapp can play. In two years he could Potential lead NKY in scoring ( few things will have to take place) Best shooing guard in his class by far I don't think he is in the top 5 in that class but he maybe in the top 10

I know I have 3 Holmes kids and some of you will call me a homer .

 

There's a reason for that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.