Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you're Walt Jocketty...

Featured Replies

When's that going to be exactly?

 

Good point.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Rolen comes out of retirement after the All Star Break and plays 4 out of 7 days and PHs on others. Frazier does the opposite and IF he starts to hit, plays some LF until Ludwick re-establishes himself as healthy and potent.

If I'm Walt Jocketty, I'd call Seattle & start attending Michael Morse's rehab games in AAA.

 

Morse has a TON of raw power. He's sub-par defensively and is very injury prone, but he could be exactly what the Reds need offensively. A big bopper that hits from the right side of the plate. Morse can play LF and could excel in GABP. He's owed approximately $3.3 million for the rest of the year & will be a free agent at the end of the year. Add that to the fact that he plays for the Mariners (who are already out of it), and you've got a potential match.

If I'm Walt Jocketty, I'd call Seattle & start attending Michael Morse's rehab games in AAA.

 

Morse has a TON of raw power. He's sub-par defensively and is very injury prone, but he could be exactly what the Reds need offensively. A big bopper that hits from the right side of the plate. Morse can play LF and could excel in GABP. He's owed approximately $3.3 million for the rest of the year & will be a free agent at the end of the year. Add that to the fact that he plays for the Mariners (who are already out of it), and you've got a potential match.

 

I think he'd be a very good fit, but I doubt the Reds make a single move.

I can't see Walt doing anything drastic. The bullpen has stabilized but the offense has not gotten any better. They have holes in 4 of their 8 lineup spots...LF, SS, 3B and C. There isn't a whole lot you can do to fix that.

By the end of July the Reds may be a possible seller.

I can't see Walt doing anything drastic. The bullpen has stabilized but the offense has not gotten any better. They have holes in 4 of their 8 lineup spots...LF, SS, 3B and C. There isn't a whole lot you can do to fix that.

By the end of July the Reds may be a possible seller.

 

Who exactly is going to get hot and put them so far back of the wild card to make them a seller?

^Nationals are only 4 back in the WC. By the end of July, unless something drastic changes, I fully expect to see the Reds looking up at them in the standings.

When does Greg Reynolds from AAA get shot? Hes 10-1 with 2.6 ERA this year for Louisville. He was drafted in 06' by the Rockies in the 1st round before Kershaw. Does he become trade bait for the Reds to get a offensive weapon?

When does Greg Reynolds from AAA get shot? Hes 10-1 with 2.6 ERA this year for Louisville. He was drafted in 06' by the Rockies in the 1st round before Kershaw. Does he become trade bait for the Reds to get a offensive weapon?

 

 

Nobody is going to trade for him. If teams coveted him he would already be on a ML roster.

When does Greg Reynolds from AAA get shot? Hes 10-1 with 2.6 ERA this year for Louisville. He was drafted in 06' by the Rockies in the 1st round before Kershaw. Does he become trade bait for the Reds to get a offensive weapon?

 

Who would you replace from the current rotation? Or would you move him to the bullpen?

Who would you replace from the current rotation? Or would you move him to the bullpen?

 

That's why I think he should be traded. Package him with a few guys like Lutz, Stephenson, and corcino, I think you could get a fairly good hitter for that

That's why I think he should be traded. Package him with a few guys like Lutz, Stephenson, and corcino, I think you could get a fairly good hitter for that

 

What hitter(s) do you have in mind?

What hitter(s) do you have in mind?

 

I have no clue, haven't looked anything up yet. Just need something to be done

I have no clue, haven't looked anything up yet. Just need something to be done

 

Just trying to get a feel for the type if hitter you think the Reds could get in return for Reynolds.

Just trying to get a feel for the type if hitter you think the Reds could get in return for Reynolds.

 

All of them packaged together I think they could get a decent upgrade.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.