Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

There is no Cheese in Hamburger!!!

Featured Replies

I realize that after taking and preparing a zillion orders everyday at a fast food joint, the employees end up having a robotic repetitive nature.

 

It's like the old mind joke:

 

Say "Tin" ten times. Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin. What's an aluminum can made out of? "Tin".

 

.....or say "Stop" ten times: Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop. What do you do when you come to a green light? "Stop".

 

Even still, I get a kick out of testing this robotic human condition of fast food employees.

 

If the drive-thru has a long line and I want carry out, I'll go inside to order. When I step up to the cashier and they say "Can I take your order"? I'll start off by plainly stating that "This order is To Go"... then I'll proceed to give my order. 10 out of 10 times they'll then ask me "Is this for here or to go?"

 

... It sounds amazing that so frequently (like every time) they'll ask me this when I've already plainly told them so, but I realize that their brain is not really listening, and they have a habit of asking immediately after order is given, and that it's senseless to tell them beforehand, but I still like to see if once in a while I get a human that is not completely under the robotic hypnosis of their lame-arse fast food job.

 

The nature of the job rarely allows for normal thought processes as they are deeply brainwashed by the repetitive nature of their job. That's really sad, and because of that I feel that they truly deserve a bigger paycheck considering they are being mentally abused everyday, and the fast food establishment is richer than rich.

Wendy's is the best. I have never had a problem with an order there. Their drive thru is so fast that I often wonder how they did that. If I was only allowed to eat at one fast food place from now on, no doubt in my mind I choose Wendy's.

Only 2 things I will request my burger be prepared without...mayo and cheese. I DESPISE mayo. I LOVE cheese...just not on my burger.

 

Ironically, I picked up Wendy's on my way home from work for dinner. I ordered mine without mayo or cheese, and it was perfect when I got it. I do have a question...does anyone besides me find ketchup AND tomato on a sandwich redundant?

 

You and my wife.

 

A pair of two peas in a pod.

I worked in fast food for the first 8 years of my professional career. I never had an experience like that but have dealt with my share of angry customers. I guarantee that the person he was yelling at had nothing to do with his order. You can't handle money and food, it's one or the other. I'd also say that he was speaking to a manager at that point and the manager really has nothing to do with it anyways. Lots of displaced anger with dissatisfied customers. Fast food is a thankless industry. If taken seriously while working there it can be character forming. You learn a whole lot about people. Customers and co-workers.

 

I would say this is true of any job that deals with the general public. You get to see what people are really like and it's not pretty. This guy isn't that much of an outlier.

I would say this is true of any job that deals with the general public. You get to see what people are really like and it's not pretty. This guy isn't that much of an outlier.

 

Agree. There are idiots everywhere.

If they screw his order up as much as he claims, why continue to go there? Makes no sense to me.

 

First thing I thought of after he said it. It's happened the 3 time's he's been there? You would think he'd gotten the message after the second time.

 

Wendy's is the only burger fast food joint I even consider varying from the menu. They've never messed up a sandwich, yet. You something like no onions or pickles at a McDonalds or a Burger King and the employees go into brain lock.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.