Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County - Top All-Time 3 Players

Featured Replies

Is Herron the same age as Alexander? If so did he play that offset back in the power I that they ran?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was his junior season when he tore his ACL... He came back his senior with a state semi final appearance and over 2k in rushing yards as well!

Now I think I remember the Herron's moved when little brother Major was in high school or just starting high school.

So Herron was a Sr 93/94 when they lost to Male? You should hear Redman talk about that game.

Another guy I loved watching run was Timmy King. He would have put up monster numbers his senior year had he not torn his acl.

Lavar was a jr playing outside linebacker and kick returner

So Herron was a Sr 93/94 when they lost to Male? You should hear Redman talk about that game.

 

I think Preston was still a year or two away in 93/94.

Alexander was the primary back in both of those seasons.

Brian Mainey would have been the power back in 94 .. and I am pretty sure he played defense as well.

In 1993--it was Alexander and Jason Colemire, Chris Dittus also played in the backfield/at wing with Mike Bramlage as the at QB.

 

When thinking about Boone ... Ryle definitely ended up having a huge impact on the program.

The LB's that I talked about earlier ... all played together one year (not to mention that Harris and Law played together).

They have had some solid players recently .. but they definitely have not had LB's like that in a long time.

What about John Shannon didn't he play at UK and then in the NFL?

I think Preston was still a year or two away in 93/94.

Alexander was the primary back in both of those seasons.

Brian Mainey would have been the power back in 94 .. and I am pretty sure he played defense as well.

In 1993--it was Alexander and Jason Colemire, Chris Dittus also played in the backfield/at wing with Mike Bramlage as the at QB.

 

When thinking about Boone ... Ryle definitely ended up having a huge impact on the program.

The LB's that I talked about earlier ... all played together one year (not to mention that Harris and Law played together).

They have had some solid players recently .. but they definitely have not had LB's like that in a long time.

 

Law played part time DE, usually passing downs. When he got to the qb he brought it, big time!

Law played part time DE, usually passing downs. When he got to the qb he brought it, big time!

 

I have a feeling that you are talking from experience?!

 

To this day ... any time I see soft blue ... I still want to throw up!

Another guy I loved watching run was Timmy King. He would have put up monster numbers his senior year had he not torn his acl.

 

Great player reborn as Travis Elliott with the same senior year fate...crazy how life works.

There were a lot of excellent running backs that played for Boone County and they all had different styles of running the football. If I had to name my top three, which would be really hard, they would have to be Shaun Alexander, George Rudd, & Brandon Black!!! I would love to have them in the same backfield for three years!!! WOW, WOW, & WOW.

John walked on at U.K. & got a scholarship. Played professional for the Chicago Bears. John has a big Heart!!!

I have a feeling that you are talking from experience?!

 

To this day ... any time I see soft blue ... I still want to throw up!

 

 

Back in the day they did not have soft blue on anything.....

Back in the day they did not have soft blue on anything.....

 

How far back is that? I have pictures back to the1988 uniforms that are soft blue .... and as much as i hate to say it ... they need to change back to it ... that is Boone County Football. The Navy blue looks horrible with the gray.

How far back is that? I have pictures back to the1988 uniforms that are soft blue .... and as much as i hate to say it ... they need to change back to it ... that is Boone County Football. The Navy blue looks horrible with the gray.

 

The soft blue was an accent color would be a better way to describe it. 87 was my senior season playing against them and I do not remember seeing it all except for part of the stripes on the pants, of course, I have mis-remembered before.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.