Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2013

Featured Replies

What does Scott need to do to improve in 2013? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I have high expectations for Scott this year. One of the best lines in the state with Kameron Crim, Corey Fitzwater, and Nathan Penick. Josh Castleman should have a great year carrying the ball for the Eagles. The senior class this year actually won the NKSA championship as freshman. Definitely the best team Scott has ever had.

I wouldn't go as far as to say one of the best lines in the state but I do think they may have one of the best lines in NKY this year. I think the biggest question about Scott is their depth. The staters should be able to play with anyone in their district but what happens when someone goes down or tires? I think Scott has to be able to pass the ball more this year as well. They will be a very good running team with Castleman and underrated QB Ben Osborne but they have to be able to move the markers when its 3rd and long.

 

This is the year that I predicted and was laughed at by many on this board a couple years ago that Scott will be the best team in the Kenton Cty School District. Whether that prediction comes true or not, we will see but I am confident in predicting that this will be the best team in the school's history and the program is moving in the right direction. Should be a fun year in Taylor Mill. Good luck Eagles!

I don't think depth is a problem. They've got really good players at all grade levels. Quite a few skill players, and while size drops off quickly there are some solid players that can be plugged in and help out on special teams or to give starters a blow. I think the biggest question mark is the Quarterback position. Osborne has to play better. He's got the size, the arm, and tools to be very good. His decision making has to improve. Scott will run the ball very well....Josh Castleman and sophomore Roberto London will get yards. But they've got to be able to mix some passing in. If Osborne struggles, you could see Ray Everett play some (which you may see anyway).

What previous team is considered the best team ever at Scott? What is the most wins in a season at Scott?

I agree on the quarterback play needing to improve. Hopefully having taller recievers and more time at center will help him this year. Josh and Roberto will get yards but don't count out Spata also. This group will be made up of alot of seniors who have played together since 8th and 9th grade. So I look for good things to come out of this season.

I think Scott could be one of the best 4 teams in NKY. Very bold prediction but they have the potential to do so. They return one of the best lines in NKY, along with some talented backs (Castleman, Spata, Brinkman). I expect sophomore Roberto London to get some touches as well, kid could be very special. With that being said, Scott can't just rely on running the ball every play. QB Ben Osbourne has to show his potential. He has all the tools to be great and hopefully he is this year. Scott also returns a very good defense. Chris Roberts and Nick Thurza will do some major work at the Linebacker positions and the most underrated player in NKY, DE Blake Gay, will terrify other teams. All in all, Scott has a chance to be very special this year. Hopefully they take advantage of it.

What previous team is considered the best team ever at Scott? What is the most wins in a season at Scott?

 

Either during or right after Pelfrey played they went 5-5 under Heidorn. there was a team sometime in the 00's that was 4-8. not sure when that was.

I wouldn't go as far as to say one of the best lines in the state but I do think they may have one of the best lines in NKY this year. I think the biggest question about Scott is their depth. The staters should be able to play with anyone in their district but what happens when someone goes down or tires? I think Scott has to be able to pass the ball more this year as well. They will be a very good running team with Castleman and underrated QB Ben Osborne but they have to be able to move the markers when its 3rd and long.

 

This is the year that I predicted and was laughed at by many on this board a couple years ago that Scott will be the best team in the Kenton Cty School District. Whether that prediction comes true or not, we will see but I am confident in predicting that this will be the best team in the school's history and the program is moving in the right direction. Should be a fun year in Taylor Mill. Good luck Eagles!

 

I'm still laughing cause they are a distant 3rd behind Dixie and SK. Could be there best team ever, but need to develop somewhat of a passing attack.

Just curious..... didn't Dixie only have 3 wins last year?

Just curious..... didn't Dixie only have 3 wins last year?

 

Yes, that's correct.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.